Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Skirts with black tights
Previous  1  2  3  Next

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 6:41 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
You wear black opaque tights in the summer?

Yeah I do.

SixOfWands

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:05 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I totally would if they weren’t so light Sad
In Boro park yes you see all types of people here.
I basically picked up the black tights from Flatbush— where a mother herself wore black tights (I stayed at a family’s house for a full 6 weeks and they taught me basics)
but I mainly do it for tznius reasons and people think I’m xxxxxxxxxtra frum because of it lol

Can you change from black to brown tights in like one day?
I considered it...
like with brown tights you can definitely wear any color and you’d look awesome in whatever you’re in as long as it’s nice and clean

You can wear black one day, brown the next, nude the third. No halachic reason not to, and assuming that women in your community wear that, its unlikely anyone will notice.

During the winter, someone recommended the Builder's Tea color from Snag Tights online. Take a look. They are awesome, IMNSHO.

OTOH, if you like black, you do you.

watergirl

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:07 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Are those long enough to cover the top of knee hi socks?

Hmmmm. No idea. They go past the knee for sure.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:12 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
So I went to the hosiery store
I got a couple of brown tights.

My looks look so faaat.
:/

What color did you get? Actually brown?

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 7:22 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:

My looks look so faaat.

Black tights is honestly classier than brown. Of course it’s a matter of taste and you do you but I’m only saying it to help you. I vote black over brown if beige doesn’t work for you.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 8:21 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:

My looks look so faaat.

I'm sure you look fine!

Did you try a suntan color to match your skin tone?

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:56 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
You can wear black one day, brown the next, nude the third. No halachic reason not to, and assuming that women in your community wear that, its unlikely anyone will notice.

During the winter, someone recommended the Builder's Tea color from Snag Tights online. Take a look. They are awesome, IMNSHO.

OTOH, if you like black, you do you.

I think most ladies in bp wear brown tights

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:57 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
What color did you get? Actually brown?

I got natural

Rappel

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 9:57 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:

My looks look so faaat.

Girl, you're gorgeous, just the way you are Smile

I disagree with the poster whom recommended winter colours. That's for those of us with no skin tone.

I have no idea what flies right now in Hassidic Brooklyn, but if your skin is medium brown, then the brighter the colour, the better. You can wear shocking pink, kelly green, mustard yellow, even white, and on you it will look GOOD.

(And yes, I live vicariously by dressing DD, whom got her father's looks. Smile If I wore those colours, then I would look like an invalid -- bright colours wash out white skin. Hassidish Boro Park colour palettes cater to white skin, and probably don't address your striking looks.)

And while I'm no fashion expert, I've noticed dresses are generally more flattering on short people, versus skirt-top sets.

Any tights and cute flats will go with a bright dress.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:08 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I got natural

Maybe you just need to get used to the look. Black tights make the legs look thinner.

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:45 pm
Rappel wrote:
Girl, you're gorgeous, just the way you are Smile

I disagree with the poster whom recommended winter colours. That's for those of us with no skin tone.

I have no idea what flies right now in Hassidic Brooklyn, but if your skin is medium brown, then the brighter the colour, the better. You can wear shocking pink, kelly green, mustard yellow, even white, and on you it will look GOOD.

(And yes, I live vicariously by dressing DD, whom got her father's looks. Smile If I wore those colours, then I would look like an invalid -- bright colours wash out white skin. Hassidish Boro Park colour palettes cater to white skin, and probably don't address your striking looks.)

And while I'm no fashion expert, I've noticed dresses are generally more flattering on short people, versus skirt-top sets.

Any tights and cute flats will go with a bright dress.

Thanks! Yeah. I found a yellow top that I really liked.
I’m not a fan of the black and white
Shirts with blue stripes....
I love the light blue tops, like the sky colored ones, but either too small, if I get the bigger size then it’s too baggy, too thin too thick Sad and they make me SWEAT

PeanutMama

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:49 pm
I occasionally think about opening up a store that is meant for short women who are big and skinny because some of the clothing especially the nightgowns and skirts always have to be shortened

pause

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 10:49 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
Maybe you just need to get used to the look. Black tights make the legs look thinner.

Strongly disagree.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:19 pm
pause wrote:
Strongly disagree.

But that’s just a fact.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:28 pm
Sorry if this is a naive question here, but do people in BP not wear stockings? I've moved out of NY but when I did, I would buy my stockings at any major department stores - Burlington Coat Factory, DSW, Macy's, wherever. They cater to a large clientele and usually have many different colored stockings for skin tones across a wide spectrum. They also have tights there if that's desired - there are different deniers, different colors, etc.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:30 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I occasionally think about opening up a store that is meant for short women who are big and skinny because some of the clothing especially the nightgowns and skirts always have to be shortened

I'm quite short and everything I buy needs to be altered. I learnt how to sew, got a good machine, and do all alterations by myself. It sure saves a ton of money.

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:31 pm
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Sorry if this is a naive question here, but do people in BP not wear stockings? I've moved out of NY but when I did, I would buy my stockings at any major department stores - Burlington Coat Factory, DSW, Macy's, wherever. They cater to a large clientele and usually have many different colored stockings for skin tones across a wide spectrum. They also have tights there if that's desired - there are different deniers, different colors, etc.

We call stockings tights.

pause

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:33 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
But that’s just a fact.

It's a fact to you.

My legs definitely look thinner in nude/beige than black. As do many others that I know.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 11:56 pm
I have a few different cotton knit skirts in different shades royal blue/cobalt. I wear it with light tops so it’s summery yet has color to it.

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:04 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
I think most ladies in bp wear brown tights

Ok I think now we understand each other better. There are many shades of brown. Most of bp call their brown tights beige even though they might be between beige and brown. So that’s the color you got? And you feel it makes your legs look fat? My legs Also look thinner in black but beige is more summery. So some people choose a summery look over thin legs look.
And I second Rappel, you’re gorgeous in whatever you wear!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics