Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Please share ice latte/coffee recipes!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 3:44 pm
HELP!
I spend too much on ice lattes. Please share a great recipe that will be SO good that I will make it at home and stop spending $5 almost every day on this Smile
I love it cold, sweet, creamy, and preferably caramel Smile
TIA

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 3:51 pm
I make iced coffee very simply. For a 1/2 gallon container, it should be a bit more than half full with milk. In a cup, mix 1/4 cup sugar with 3 Tbsp coffee. Dissolve in hot water. Add this coffee mixture to the milk, and fill the rest with water to the top. Chill well.

To make caramel iced coffee, take a large cup, and drizzle caramel syrup (store bought) down the sides going all around. Place 2-3 ice cubes in cup, and poor iced coffee over it.

(for mocha, use chocolate syrup in place of caramel syrup. Or try combining the two!)

Sip with straw and enjoy.

Last edited by Chayalle on Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 3:52 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I make iced coffee very simply. For a 1/2 gallon container, it should be a bit more than half full with milk. In a cup, mix 1/2 cup sugar with 3 Tbsp coffee. Dissolve in hot water. Add this coffee mixture to the milk, and fill the rest with water to the top. Chill well.

To make caramel iced coffee, take a large cup, and drizzle caramel syrup (store bought) down the sides going all around. Place 2-3 ice cubes in cup, and poor iced coffee over it.

(for mocha, use chocolate syrup in place of caramel syrup. Or try combining the two!)

Tysm for the reply.
What caramel syrup do you recommend?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 3:53 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I make iced coffee very simply. For a 1/2 gallon container, it should be a bit more than half full with milk. In a cup, mix 1/2 cup sugar with 3 Tbsp coffee. Dissolve in hot water. Add this coffee mixture to the milk, and fill the rest with water to the top. Chill well.

Tysm for the reply.
What caramel syrup do you recommend?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 4:17 pm
I just ice my regular coffee.
Fill a 16 oz clear cup with ice to the top. Dissolve coffee and splenda/sugar with just a few tbsp boiling water. Pour mixture over ice. Fill cup to the top with milk. Use a cover, straw, and a sleeve over the cup to catch condensation.

amother
Chocolate

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 4:19 pm
I make blended ice coffee all the time. (OOT and keeping CY... no starbucks for me). Just put ice cubes, instant coffee, sweetener, and milk (or a little heavy cream if you want to be indulgent) in the blender. I also add a tiny bit of xanthan gum (like half of 1/8 teaspoon). It helps the mixture stay blended and not separate to milk at the bottom and blended ice on top. I think the xanthan gum makes it feel like the real thing.

Like the other poster mentioned, if you really wanna be fancy, drizzle some syrup in the cup and whipped cream on top.

asmileaday

Post Tue, Jul 07 2020, 4:21 pm
The best homemade iced lattes I had were those made with espresso shots from my nespresso machine. No instant coffee. Just a shot or 2 over ice, add sweetener of your choice and milk.
Optional top with whip cream and syrup.
I haven't bought a Starbucks ice latte in ages.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:32 am
Thank you for the responses. Keep them coming if anyone uses a different method or recipe.
Also what caramel product is recommended?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:16 am
Yikes I just corrected that to 1/4 cup not 1/2 cup for 1/2 gallon container. My mistake.

I've used various caramel syrups, I think it's a matter of taste. I'm not even sure which one we have because the label fell off. But we don't like the ones that have to be refrigerated - we find they are less runny.

watergirl

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:24 am
My daughter just fingered this one out and OMG let me tell you, I’ve saved so much money now!

We got into the whole Dalgona coffee craze. (https://youtu.be/9SjCEOWd3PU). One day my daughter tried just mixing the 2 tbsp instant coffee, 2 tbsp sugar, and 2 tbsp hot water but not beating it. Then pour over ice and milk and shake. Its the perfect iced latte (though no espresso to yeah yeah not really a latte). I one upped her by adding 2 tbsp hot chocolate powder instead of sugar.

Make this. You are welcome.

sari00

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:41 am
Homemade cold brew Smile grind your own coffee beans, just add water to the cold brew pitcher and refridge for 12-24 hrs
Add ice, milk, creamer and sugar enjoy coffee
The best, delicious cheapest way!!! Very Happy

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:24 am
newima wrote:
Homemade cold brew Smile grind your own coffee beans, just add water to the cold brew pitcher and refridge for 12-24 hrs
Add ice, milk, creamer and sugar enjoy coffee
The best, delicious cheapest way!!! Very Happy

Cold brew is the best! If you don't have a grinder, like me, you can find cold brew pouches or tea bags. Just sit them in some water overnight and enjoy!

blessedflower

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:56 am
If you want your iced coffee to be like store bought I found a way to do it. I freeze the amount of milk necessary for the recipe in cubes (I use the disposable bags for ice cubes) and I put everything in a smoothy blender to chill in fridge when I want it I add the frozen milk cubes and put it in blender for really short (The milk crushes very quickly). It's delicious and gets the same texture as store bought ice coffee

Recipe I use:
1 liter milk (I freeze it in cubes)
3/4 cup of sugar
4 tbl spoons heavy cream
3 tbl spoons vanilla instant pudding
1 cup water
3 á 4 tbl spoons instant coffee
You can add a big spoon of ice cream if you want or have at home, chocolate is the best.
You can also finish it with whip and caramel if you like it

sky

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:12 pm
Skinny iced latte.
http://overtimecook.com/2014/1.....atte/

gyf45

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:02 pm
Add instant coffee with sugar add drop hot water shake in the mug for a minute at least. No spoon!! Fill to top with milk ice cubes optional. The shaking is the secret to the greatest iced coffee. U cld add a shot of caramel but I drink as is

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 1:22 pm
For no or low sugar:

Coffee
Cinnamon
Maple syrup
Milk
Ice

You can add caramel

Blend and enjoy

tante_feige

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:09 pm
watergirl wrote:
My daughter just fingered this one out and OMG let me tell you, I’ve saved so much money now!

We got into the whole Dalgona coffee craze. (https://youtu.be/9SjCEOWd3PU). One day my daughter tried just mixing the 2 tbsp instant coffee, 2 tbsp sugar, and 2 tbsp hot water but not beating it. Then pour over ice and milk and shake. Its the perfect iced latte (though no espresso to yeah yeah not really a latte). I one upped her by adding 2 tbsp hot chocolate powder instead of sugar.

Make this. You are welcome.

I hate sweetener in my coffee, will this work without?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:11 pm
For those of you who shake your coffee, what do you shake it in?

gyf45

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:37 pm
In the mug it’s only less than 1/4 full before adding the milk shake it from side to side in a circle making sure it doesn’t spill
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen