Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Future plans on moving to Israel
Previous  1  2

Would you consider moving to Israel?
Yes, only to Yerushalayim  
 31%  [ 22 ]
Yes, only to Tel Aviv  
 0%  [ 0 ]
No  
 30%  [ 21 ]
Yes, to a suburban neighborhood with space (non-apartment like)  
 30%  [ 21 ]
Yes, rural neighborhood far from big cities  
 8%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 70

banana123

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:18 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
I seriously dont think that was what the poster was talking about.

I have no idea if she was talking about it.

I think the news over-represents the Arab rioting and under-represents how much it actually affects Israelis' lives, so it was important to me to clarify.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:19 am
I live in a large apartment outside of Jerusalem. You don’t have that type in your poll and it’s quite a popular option.
None describe Ramat Beit Shemesh which is popular for Americans. It has the range from small apartments to to large private houses with gardens.
You didn’t ask about the green line, which is a common thing to consider.
I don’t know anyone who lives in TA.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:23 am
banana123 wrote:
Sure they are. If you are a Gaza or PA Arab.

BUT, most of us don't hear about those riots, because the IDF does a pretty good job of keeping them under control.

I thought she meant riots like the Ethiopian riots?
Overall, I'm confused. Israel is not a place for riots (except for the aforementioned scuffles, planned in advance by Arabs and international 'volunteers'

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:46 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
Overall, I'm confused. Israel is not a place for riots (except for the aforementioned scuffles, planned in advance by Arabs and international 'volunteers'

There are protests which turn into riots in meah shearim and bar ilan all the time.
The police shoot smelly water that stinks up everything.
They also come with horses and trample anyone in their way.
We have lots of bochorim hang out in our house (pre-covid obvs) and I always tell them to stay FAR AWAY from those protests.
I know people who have been hurt. I know someone who was almost deported after being arrested at a riot.
Not only people who are part of them- just walking by is fair game to be arrested or trampled

banana123

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:55 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:

Yeah, but it's not like those kinds of things happen every day. They are pretty rare.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 6:30 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
There are protests which turn into riots in meah shearim and bar ilan all the time.
The police shoot smelly water that stinks up everything.
They also come with horses and trample anyone in their way.
We have lots of bochorim hang out in our house (pre-covid obvs) and I always tell them to stay FAR AWAY from those protests.
I know people who have been hurt. I know someone who was almost deported after being arrested at a riot.
Not only people who are part of them- just walking by is fair game to be arrested or trampled

The rest of the country is totally unaffected by these riots that occur in a few select insular neighborhoods.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 6:46 am
DrMom wrote:
The rest of the country is totally unaffected by these riots that occur in a few select insular neighborhoods.

This. The protests in Meah She'arim, when extremists riot and the police needs to deal with them, are only experienced by thos in Meah She'arim.
I think maybe the same extremists rioted in Ramat Bet Shemesh a few times? Not sure.

I've lived in various cities in Israel and never seen a riot even once. Peaceful demonstrations where 20 people are standing by the side of the road chanting, yes. Riots - umm, no.

Even large demonstrations I think you only see in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

DrMom

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 6:50 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
This. The protests in Meah She'arim, when extremists riot and the police needs to deal with them, are only experienced by thos in Meah She'arim.
I think maybe the same extremists rioted in Ramat Bet Shemesh a few times? Not sure.

I've lived in various cities in Israel and never seen a riot even once. Peaceful demonstrations where 20 people are standing by the side of the road chanting, yes. Riots - umm, no.

Even large demonstrations I think you only see in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

Yes -- and the large protests in TA & Jerusalem are done using SD these days. People stand on a 2m X 2m grid drawn out on the ground and hold up signs and wear masks. There is no looting, etc.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 6:50 am
Obviously whoever wrote about the riots has no idea what we experienced here in the US R"L. Be grateful you don't know and presumably live in E"Y.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 6:56 am
my late dad tried aliyah twice it did not work out cuase he could not learn hebrew

banana123

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 7:01 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Obviously whoever wrote about the riots has no idea what we experienced here in the US R"L. Be grateful you don't know and presumably live in E"Y.

That was precisely our point - that there is no comparison.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:22 am
amother [ Cyan ] wrote:
We are moving next summer! We've been planning and saving since we were married. We're finally almost there. I can't wait to breath the air and to feel closer to hashem. We already chose a community, schools, and we have a parnassah plan. Working on the Hebrew part is by far the hardest. The political situation only makes it easier to leave.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions