Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Scientists warn about brain damage related to covid

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:55 am
https://www.reuters.com/articl.....4837S

This is very disturbing

I know someone who had neurological problems after covid but not brain damage...

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:59 am
Dr Fauci has been saying that the death rates don't tell the whole story. Survivors could have lifetime struggles. Too bad that so many are complacent because they are at an age where the death rates are low.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:06 am
There are people waiting for kidney and liver transplants.
I know someone who was on a vent for a while, taken off it, but hasn't woken up yet. I don't really know details, just the name for tehillim but someone told me this yesterday :cry Davening for a refuah sheleimah.

Yes, we're not seeing the same volume of these cases. Maybe doctors have learned how to deal with the cases better, earlier, or many aren't so severe. But I'm still somewhat vigilant.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:28 am
Thanks Chinese government!

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:49 pm
Yes a lot of ppl have long term issues as a result.
And us healthy young ones dont know what's gonna be in 20 years from now due to having it. HaShem should help us all.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 12:52 pm
When they have done lung scans on people who had no symptoms or very mild symptoms, many of them show lung damage which may or may not cause long term health issues.

One of the risks of Covid are that a significant number of people did not experience terrible symptoms even when they were experiencing severe hypoxia. The only way the level of hypoxia could be determined was through measurement with an oximeter versus feeling horribly out of breath with difficulty in breathing.

rae

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:38 pm
And that’s one of the problems with mask wearing. Most masks cannot keep out the virus. It is too small. If one does get a viral droplet inside their mask, they are breathing it in over and over and subjecting themselves to a viral overload. In and out of nasal passageways straight into the brain.

rae

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:40 pm
As an aside , the one person I know suffering from brain injury From covid was super careful to always wear a mask.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:41 pm
rae wrote:
As an aside , the one person I know suffering from brain injury From covid was super careful to always wear a mask.

Masks really do protect others more.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:41 pm
rae wrote:
And that’s one of the problems with mask wearing. Most masks cannot keep out the virus. It is too small. If one does get a viral droplet inside their mask, they are breathing it in over and over and subjecting themselves to a viral overload. In and out of nasal passageways straight into the brain.

This is completely inaccurate information.

I hope you are not spreading this kind of dangerous information because it has no basis in reality and if believed will cause potential illness and death to other gullible people and those who tjey wind up infecting.

rae

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 2:47 pm
No, this is not inaccurate information. Just because it doesn’t fit today’s narrative does not make it inaccurate.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 3:54 pm
rae wrote:
No, this is not inaccurate information. Just because it doesn’t fit today’s narrative does not make it inaccurate.

Please provide a link to a reputable source for this information.

I would be prepared to provide numerous sources explaining why masks are an important tool for disease prevention including COVID-19.

You are spreading misinformation which Is dangerous.

It also is a ridiculous understanding of what the science of respiration is.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 4:06 pm
Amarante wrote:
Please provide a link to a reputable source for this information.

That reminds me, there seems to be a problem with my subscription to the Journal of Contemporary Phlogiston Research.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics