Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Richmond, VA

cindy324

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 1:13 pm
We're looking into spending Shavuos (I know it's a bit early) in Richmond VA. We would like to stay in a hotel close(walking distance) to the FarbrengInn. No we do not want to sleep there, so please don't suggest, we just want to have the option of prepaying some meals for yom tov there, and also so that DH can go to shul there.

Also if there are other orthodox or Young Israel type shuls there, I would love suggestions for hotels nearby those shuls. We're only looking for suites only hotels, such as Homewood suites, Sierra Suites, Staybridge suites etc. or similar. So far the closest I could find was an almost 4 mile walk to the FarbrengInn.

TIA!

timeout

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 4:03 pm
Can I come with?

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 5:28 pm
It's SUBURBIA. Things are spread out.

What about a mobile home or camper ?

trafficgal

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 7:33 pm
Last I checked Fabrang Inn was only open to groups? has it changed??

amother

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 2:16 pm
There is a hotel in walking distance to the Young Israel of Richmond on Patterson Ave., however, I don't know if they have suites. By walking distance, I mean about 20 minutes.

Here's the closest Holiday Inn: Holiday Inn
RICHMOND-I-64 WEST END
2000 STAPLES MILL RD
RICHMOND, VA 23230 UNITED STATES
Hotel Front Desk: 1-804-3596061

There's a link on the website for "suites" but I don't know whethere they actually have suites.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h.....uites

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 2:41 pm
what a kool name for an Inn ... do lubavithchers own it ...

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 2:52 pm
Why don't u call the Farbreng Inn and ask them. They're really nice ppl. I worked for them for a year:)
I really don't think that Holiday Inn is walking distance...it's kinda far.
Yup greenfire...it's owned by Chabad of VA.

cindy324

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 3:18 pm
Thanks for your replies.

Trafficgal, it doesn't mention on their website that it's only for groups, although we're planning to be a few families, so hey...maybe ,a lthough we're not looking to sleep there.

Amother, thanks for the Holiday Inn suggestion, I will check into it.

Bennysmommy, is it really as suburban as CM says? Are there side walks to walk from one place to the next, or it's just roads where you'd have to walk the shoulder? Thanks, I will give them a call Very Happy

CM, a mobile home is not really an option, lol, not with kids anyway. Besides , those things are a bloody fortune to rent.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 3:26 pm
cindy324 wrote:
Bennysmommy, is it really as suburban as CM says?

lol

You know I hail from the Dominion State, right ?

BennysMommy

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 3:35 pm
It is suburban. There are parts that aren't but that's really downtown and other areas. When we used to walk from the shluchim to where we lived on Friday nights there was no sidewalk. I would really call the shluchim if I were you.

I think the trafficgal is correct about groups only. Maybe find out before you work so hard on finding out other info.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 9:36 pm
BennysMommy: The Holiday Inn is walking distance to the Young Israel on Patterson, NOT the Chabad in the Far West End.

This is what the OP asked for:

Also if there are other orthodox or Young Israel type shuls there, I would love suggestions for hotels nearby those shuls.

cindy324

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 10:46 pm
Hmm...thanks bennysmommy, I guess maybe I'll have to stay near the Young Israel.

BennysMommy

Post Tue, Feb 12 2008, 8:15 am
Okay...I thought u were saying that it's close to the Young Israel and Chabad/The Farbreng Inn.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics