Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Nu, who's suing to open NY schools full time?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 4:28 pm
I hope someone files fast, and it better be good!

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 4:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I hope someone files fast, and it better be good!

Sounds like the president has that covered.

pause

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 4:32 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

Came here to post that!
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/0......html

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 4:56 pm
Awesome news. I hope it's enough to convince the mayor to open. He's made so many dumb moves recently, I'm not holding my breath.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:15 pm
Im not so thrilled with the idea of my kids being in a classroom with their 27 classmates all day...hopefully things will be better in september but at this point im still not so comfortable with the idea

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:28 pm
So you are prepared to experiment with the lines of millions of children?

You are comfortable with political expediency determining public health recommendations by experts?

New York State followed guidelines and managed to flatten the curve. Arizona and Florida ignored recommendations and are now in crisis situations with Arizona almost at the point of having to triage critical care patients.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:35 pm

Molech

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Awesome news. I hope it's enough to convince the mayor to open. He's made so many dumb moves recently, I'm not holding my breath.

Nah if the prez opposes it then diblahhhhhhhhsio will want it, so will every democrat mayor and governor

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:49 pm
DeBlasio's plan only applies to the NY Public school system, not private schools.
We'll carry on as we did before. we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
You can rest assured that our yeshivos and schools are not gonna have 2 - 3 days a week of in person learning and 2-3 days a week of remote learning. It's just not gonna happen. End of.

itsmeima

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:50 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS. The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election, but is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open! - Trump

New cases, yesterday:

Germany: 298
Denmark: 10
Norway: 11
Sweden: 57

United States: 55,442

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:56 pm
amother [ Jetblack ] wrote:

Molech

Explain?

pause

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 5:59 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
Nah if the prez opposes it then diblahhhhhhhhsio will want it, so will every democrat mayor and governor

Cuomo already told off both DiBlasio and Trump that it's not their place to make this decision.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 6:14 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
DeBlasio's plan only applies to the NY Public school system, not private schools.
We'll carry on as we did before. we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
You can rest assured that our yeshivos and schools are not gonna have 2 - 3 days a week of in person learning and 2-3 days a week of remote learning. It's just not gonna happen. End of.

Maybe for you. Not for me. Our private school follows the DOE. We need Trump's assistance.

soap suds

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 6:40 pm
pause wrote:
Cuomo already told off both DiBlasio and Trump that it's not their place to make this decision.
Now that he’s made that very clear, let’s hope His Honor makes a smart decision.

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 6:42 pm
I don't get it. Most of the US workforce is made of working parents. How can we function from a place of choose your job or your kids?

livinginisrael

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 6:49 pm
if this is the case I hope they extedn the unemployemnt - cares act of 600 extra a week
I cant go back to work full time until my kids are out of the house daily

Laiya

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 6:58 pm
Amarante wrote:
So you are prepared to experiment with the lines of millions of children?

You are comfortable with political expediency determining public health recommendations by experts?

New York State followed guidelines and managed to flatten the curve. Arizona and Florida ignored recommendations and are now in crisis situations with Arizona almost at the point of having to triage critical care patients.

Are you prepared to experiment with children's health and well-being?

The risks of covid to children are tiny. If the concern is about children infecting teachers, the teachers are still seeing their whole class. Having kids attend school for 3 days is not safer than 5 days.

The AAP published a letter strongly urging children to be physically present in school in the fall, and stated that failure to do so will have a direct negative impact on their health and well-being.

wrote:
With the above principles in mind, the AAP strongly advocates that all policy considerations for the coming school year should start with a goal of having students physically present in school. The importance of in-person learning is well-documented, and there is already evidence of the negative impacts on children because of school closures in the spring of 2020. Lengthy time away from school and associated interruption of supportive services often results in social isolation, making it difficult for schools to identify and address important learning deficits as well as child and adolescent physical or s-xual abuse, substance use, depression, and suicidal ideation. This, in turn, places children and adolescents at considerable risk of morbidity and, in some cases, mortality.

CA locked down but is still surging.

trixx

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 7:07 pm
itsmeima wrote:
In Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and many other countries, SCHOOLS ARE OPEN WITH NO PROBLEMS. The Dems think it would be bad for them politically if U.S. schools open before the November Election, but is important for the children & families. May cut off funding if not open! - Trump

New cases, yesterday:

Do you know how usa is counting cases? The numbers are totally fraudulent. One example, I have read hundreds of nurses and others post the same sentiment.

https://youtu.be/JAajhUmAxB0

Sebastian

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 7:09 pm
Lol ny flattened the curve bc so many ppl were exposed and many died. I can't believe Cuomo is still bragging

Laiya

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 7:26 pm
itsmeima wrote:

New cases, yesterday:

The more you test, the more positives you get, and the US is testing more per capita. Yet even with all the extra testing, NYC only had 289 new cases.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics