Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Did anyone get Torah Temima box delivered today?
  Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next

amother
Seafoam

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:57 pm
livinginisrael wrote:
I got 2 boxes. Wonder if based on family size. 4 kids
[quote

Totally off topic, but so curious about your screen name... You used to live in Israel? Hope to live in Israel? Torah temima doesn't deliver to Israel lol!!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:58 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
I only have one child, got two fruit cups, two milks, 4 slices pizza. Each box probably had the same thing in it.

Same here

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:58 pm
When did you sign up? Maybe they’re making their way to marine park next. I’m sorry... so disappointing to wait all day and not get it.

Yup it’s ridiculous.

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:25 pm
At 4:50 I emailed them asking about the delivery. They said I was on the list. Havent gotten anything.

livinginisrael

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:29 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
[quote

Totally off topic, but so curious about your screen name... You used to live in Israel? Hope to live in Israel? Torah temima doesn't deliver to Israel lol!!

Lol. Yep lived in Israel when I made this account like 12 years ago

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:33 pm
I only have one child, got two fruit cups, two milks, 4 slices pizza. Each box probably had the same thing in it.

Each box did have the same thing in. Both my box's where exactly the same.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:34 pm
bsy wrote:
At 4:50 I emailed them asking about the delivery. They said I was on the list. Havent gotten anything.

Me neither. Think they still could come? People near me got an hour ago.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Me neither. Think they still could come? People near me got an hour ago.

Who knows. Not sure why it would take this long in one neighborhood. Mail delivery is faster....

Last edited by amother on Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:59 pm
bsy wrote:
Who knows. Not sure why it would take this long in one neighborhood. Mail delivery is faster....

Yeah it’s disgusting. They should let people know if they can’t come.

Reality

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:05 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yeah it’s disgusting. They should let people know if they can’t come.

I know you are dissapointed that you didn't get but please don't call the Yeshiva disgusting. They took upon a huge undertaking and they are doing the best they can. I'm sure they will make changes for next week.

They are doing a service to the community. Not only are they giving out free food they are delivering to your door free of charge.Cut them a little slack!

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to the school. Just a little taken a back by this post.

Reality

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:06 pm
Just to add, I just quoted the last post before mine but the whole tone from the posters before that were also quite disrespectful.

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:08 pm
Reality wrote:
I know you are dissapointed that you didn't get but please don't call the Yeshiva disgusting. They took upon a huge undertaking and they are doing the best they can. I'm sure they will make changes for next week.

They are doing a service to the community. Not only are they giving out free food they are delivering to your door free of charge.Cut them a little slack!

Disclaimer: I am in no way connected to the school. Just a little taken a back by this post.

I'm trying to tell myself that. However, had I known it wouldn't show up, I'd have made alternate arrangements. The convenience of having it delivered is only a convenience if it shows up. I'm sure they'll say just come tomorrow to pick it up etc. For that, I could have picked a local school to wait on line at....but now we missed it for this week.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:16 pm
Does Torah Temimah get more money from the program for delivering boxes?

Reality

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:19 pm
bsy wrote:
I'm trying to tell myself that. However, had I known it wouldn't show up, I'd have made alternate arrangements. The convenience of having it delivered is only a convenience if it shows up. I'm sure they'll say just come tomorrow to pick it up etc. For that, I could have picked a local school to wait on line at....but now we missed it for this week.

I agree. And I don't want to be preachy and forgive me if I was! I just felt the last two posters crossed a line. Especially if people were relying on it for financial reasons it's a hard blow to take! But to call the yeshiva disgusting? Say you feel like crying. Say you really needed it to feed your kids and what will you do now? But to be snide and and call names. Very inappropriate.

Reality

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:22 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
Does Torah Temimah get more money from the program for delivering boxes?

I honestly don't know. But most schools aren't doing it. So it must not be worth there while even if they do make a few extra dollars.

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:25 pm
Reality wrote:
I honestly don't know. But most schools aren't doing it. So it must not be worth there while even if they do make a few extra dollars.

Schools with day camps aren't doing it because it's hard logistically I imagine. Places without camps seem to be doing it....

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:27 pm
I just got my box at 11 PM
3 kids
2 boxes.

I’m very appreciative and to those that are saying it’s disgusting that they didn’t get it yet.... the entitlement attitude is awful.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:57 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I just got my box at 11 PM
3 kids
2 boxes.

I’m very appreciative and to those that are saying it’s disgusting that they didn’t get it yet.... the entitlement attitude is awful.

I was just going to say this! My neighbors got boxes delivered now. No one owes you anything. They said you're on the list so just wait for the food to show up and appreciate it without calling them names.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 11:59 pm
I haven't received any boxes

I'm disappointed. Because so many people got it that signed up because I told them about it.

I wish I would've. Oh well. Not upset at the yeshiva just very upsetting.

Wonder how they did it? I signed up before these people. My own neighbor got it- we live right near each other. And I signed up first.

So curious how they decided

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 12:00 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
I haven't received any boxes

I'm disappointed. Because so many people got it that signed up because I told them about it.

I wish I would've. Oh well. Not upset at the yeshiva just very upsetting.

Wonder how they did it? I signed up before these people. My own neighbor got it- we live right near each other. And I signed up first.

So curious how they decided

You might still get it. Maybe they got the address wrong? Did you check are the house or at the curb?
Page 3 of 11   Previous  1  2  3  4 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries