Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Playgroup- run around

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:44 pm
Im trying to sign up my son for playgroup. The owner of the playgroup said she will send me the application 3 days ago. I called her to remind her twice she tells me she will send it soon. She sounds positive over the phone. But doesnt email it. Should I move on? Is she waiting for me to get tired, without her needing to be rude?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:45 pm
I went through the same thing but this went on and on for 3 months. I gave up and signed up elsewhere.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:46 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
I went through the same thing but this went on and on for 3 months. I gave up and signed up elsewhere.

So rude!!! Sad

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 8:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So rude!!! Sad

I agree.

RuralIma

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 9:05 pm
I don't know why places do this. Something similar happened to us once. It's so annoying. Either say yes or no but don't string families along. Punch

ddmom

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:16 pm
Call and ask if you have a slot for sure and she just didn't manage to send you the application or if you're only signed up when she receives it!
Some ppl go by verbal agreements and application is just the last step to finalize!
Tell her you're worried about not having a slot at all and see what she says!

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Im trying to sign up my son for playgroup. The owner of the playgroup said she will send me the application 3 days ago. I called her to remind her twice she tells me she will send it soon. She sounds positive over the phone. But doesnt email it. Should I move on? Is she waiting for me to get tired, without her needing to be rude?

Mail is slow. Three DAYS is not that long. Why did you call her twice again to remind?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:32 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Mail is slow. Three DAYS is not that long. Why did you call her twice again to remind?

I believe OP is talking about an emial.

RuralIma

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:33 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:

Email is almost instant Confused

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jul 08 2020, 10:43 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
I believe OP is talking about an emial.

Sorry. I stand corrected. I didn’t realize that playgroups email applications.
Maybe this particular one doesn’t? Maybe she doesn’t even have internet access at home? Maybe she’s busy with all of her own kids home these days?
Either way, I wouldn’t call three days in a row to request the same thing. I would respectfully wait a few days, and then remind.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 1:49 pm
ddmom wrote:
Call and ask if you have a slot for sure and she just didn't manage to send you the application or if you're only signed up when she receives it!
Some ppl go by verbal agreements and application is just the last step to finalize!
Tell her you're worried about not having a slot at all and see what she says!

I told her I would like to know that im
settled with a playgroup. She said once I fill out the app she will review it and get back to me. So I guess shes handpicking

amother
Wheat

Post Mon, Aug 17 2020, 7:35 pm
I got the run around, too!
So strange!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics