Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
House with a Private Pool, Anywhere USA
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 8:02 pm
Hi!
Please help me find a gorgeous house with a private pool & nice grounds to rent for August for a family of 8. It can be part of a resort, but the home and pool need to be private. I’m in New Jersey,
but willing to fly. Would need minyan also.
Thanks in advance!!
P.S. There’s a specific reason why we need this getaway so no judgment please.

malki2

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 9:12 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi!
Please help me find a gorgeous house with a private pool & nice grounds to rent for August for a family of 8. It can be part of a resort, but the home and pool need to be private. I’m in New Jersey,
but willing to fly. Would need minyan also.
Thanks in advance!!
P.S. There’s a specific reason why we need this getaway so no judgment please.

In Florida there are tons. And for cheap. Look on AirBNB.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:04 pm
Thank you for taking the time to respond malki2. This is the first time we’re doing this. I’m totally clueless.
Any other places where you can rent a house with a private pool?

doctorima

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:22 pm
To find a nice house with a private pool that's walking distance to a minyan and available for the entire month of August will be extremely difficult at this point unless you're willing to spend many thousands of dollars.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:48 pm
doctorima wrote:
To find a nice house with a private pool that's walking distance to a minyan and available for the entire month of August will be extremely difficult at this point unless you're willing to spend many thousands of dollars.

The reason why I need the private pool is because I have big boys and one of them is largely the reason who Needs to get away...

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The reason why I need the private pool is because I have big boys and one of them is largely the reason who Needs to get away...

Nobody is saying you're wrong for wanting it- just that you might not find it.

Maybe look into a place that's driving distance from minyan and a decent drive from where you are, and go back for Shabbos. That still may be hard to find, but you can look. We have done this with a four hour drive. (This obviously only works if you don't go to a state that is on the quarantine list.)

You also need to make sure that the minyan is accepting travelers.

happyone

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 10:54 pm
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5.....lts=1

I had an amazing experience with this rental. minyan walking distance at least when I was there. spotless and 12 min drive to disney and kosher groceries at Wynn Dixie.

Keep in mind that now Florida is a hot spot and if you live in NY requires a 2 week quarantine.

amother
Pink

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:19 pm
happyone wrote:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5379633?c=.pi80.pkbWVzc2FnaW5nL25ld19tZXNzYWdl&euid=20573f29-49a7-44ad-989d-bbdb3127fdf2&source_impression_id=p3_1594349612_qVWnyW0zTb%2BWM3ev&guests=1&adults=1

I had an amazing experience with this rental. minyan walking distance at least when I was there. spotless and 12 min drive to disney and kosher groceries at Wynn Dixie.

Keep in mind that now Florida is a hot spot and if you live in NY requires a 2 week quarantine.

Which means no minyan. And NY requires a 2 week quarantine when you come back, which also means no minyan. It sounds like OP wants something other than Florida. I would focus on places like Pennsylvania and New England, and not the south. There are too many states there on the quarantine list.

It's a beautiful house, though. What did you do about the stove?

smileyone

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:24 pm
Got this on a Monsey chat
Hey everyone! I have a gorgeous stunning home fully furnished with a breathtaking pool to rent from now till till end of August. 20k. If you know anyone they can please contact me. Thanks!!
Rikki Drillman 845.558.1283

happyone

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:28 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Which means no minyan. And NY requires a 2 week quarantine when you come back, which also means no minyan. It sounds like OP wants something other than Florida. I would focus on places like Pennsylvania and New England, and not the south. There are too many states there on the quarantine list.

It's a beautiful house, though. What did you do about the stove?

I brought along a george Forman, pizza maker and sandwich maker. I did not use their stove although other families chose to kasher.

redheaded

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:28 pm
Work backwards. Find a city with a minyan and then look for a house on Airbnb with a pool.

Good Luck!

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:32 pm
Check reserve kosher.
You can’t filter by pool but if you can look there are places like this still have vacancies in July.
http://www.reservekosher.com/l......html

http://www.reservekosher.com/l......html

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 09 2020, 11:51 pm
Thanks all! I appreciate each and every one of you taking the time to respond. To the poster who said Pennsylvania, I’d love that, but I don’t think there’s an option of a pool. Keep the responses coming I’m looking into every single option.

malki2

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:19 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you for taking the time to respond malki2. This is the first time we’re doing this. I’m totally clueless.
Any other places where you can rent a house with a private pool?

Nevada and Arizona. Do you not want to go South? AFAIK those are the only places. We are looking for the same and have not found anything except for Florida, Nevada, and Arizona.

happyone

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 2:59 am
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/3.....lts=1

DrMom

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 3:48 am
redheaded wrote:
Work backwards. Find a city with a minyan and then look for a house on Airbnb with a pool.

Good Luck!

This. There are search options on AirBnb (and similar sites) that allow you to filter based on amenities.

Why don't you do that?

You can filter by price range, see photos of the place, etc.

Much easier than having a bunch of strangers guess all your needs.

malki2

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 5:36 am
Sorry OP, I hadn’t noticed your minyan requirement. Not sure if any that I suggested are in proximity of a minyan.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 6:35 am
malki2 wrote:
Nevada and Arizona. Do you not want to go South? AFAIK those are the only places. We are looking for the same and have not found anything except for Florida, Nevada, and Arizona.

Those really don't seem like good places to visit just now.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 7:06 am
The problem in a nutshell is that the vacation states are the hotspots now. Try thinking out of the box.
see if you can find anything in the poconos maybe (although I’m not sure where minyanim there are).
Find a map of non-hot spot states, search for Jewish communities in each one, and then for airbnbs within each one.

malki2

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 7:16 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Those really don't seem like good places to visit just now.

I suppose so...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics