Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How much of a foodie are you? Re: fresh meat

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 3:17 am
I am not particular when it comes to food. Not that I’ll eat anything, but I can’t tell when it might be considered amazing or just good. Last night we had the freshest meat I’ve ever had. My father in law shechted it last week Thursday, Friday. It was juicy and delicious, but I couldn’t necessarily taste the difference. It was juicier though. I had a rib. By the way, it was all barbecued.

Can you taste the difference? What’s the freshest meat, chicken, egg, fruit, vegetable you had and did you notice the difference?

MiriFr

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:31 am
I have a very sensitive pallet. I don’t think I can taste the difference between 1 day old meat or 3 day old meat, but I can 10/10 taste if it has been defrosted. Even if it was vacuum sealed, or only frozen for a short amount of time, I can always tell!

Rappel

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:45 am
IMHO, flavour depends more on how the meat was fed and raised, and the age of the animal at the time of shechita. Texture changes with freezing, but that's not always a bad thing Wink (ever try roasting a free-range chicken? Delicious, but very tough!)

But fresh, good, grass-fed beef? I would eat it raw, it's so good. No need to put sauce on that!

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:52 am
I love food
I can tell the difference between fresh and frozen cooked food
That being said I always cook for YT before
Except now with corona I was able to cook fresh because I don’t have guests over

I can taste the difference in super fresh fish
And frozen and not frozen raw

giselle

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 5:19 am
yo'ma wrote:
I am not particular when it comes to food. Not that I’ll eat anything, but I can’t tell when it might be considered amazing or just good. Last night we had the freshest meat I’ve ever had. My father in law shechted it last week Thursday, Friday. It was juicy and delicious, but I couldn’t necessarily taste the difference. It was juicier though. I had a rib. By the way, it was all barbecued.

Can you taste the difference? What’s the freshest meat, chicken, egg, fruit, vegetable you had and did you notice the difference?

The meat was a week old?

yo'ma

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 4:27 am
giselle wrote:
The meat was a week old?

Yes
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen