Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
I just dumped a pot of curry on the floor

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 11:48 am
An hour before Shabbos. Confused I'd been cooking it all afternoon to get it perfect. I'd made a double batch, so I could freeze some for later.

Then, when I was moving the pot from the stove to the blech, I had a spasm in both my arms/hands, and the pot went flying across the kitchen.

My first thought was " Surprised Sad Sad Sad "

I sat down and had a cup of coffee, while my dog helped herself to the treats. She knows that when I call "Clean up!" that she can come into the kitchen and wash the floor.

When she was done, I gathered up my courage and went back into the kitchen. It was a masalla massacre. Curry on the cabinets, all over the floor, all over the shelves where I keep my dairy pots, everywhere.

Then, my emunah kicked in. I started thinking:
"B'H, there's still enough left in the pot for dinner.
B'H, the pot miraculously landing right side up, instead of upside down.
B'H, the glass lid didn't break!
B'H, the curry was parve. It was hot, and if it was fleishig it would have caused me a big problem with my dairy kelim.
B'H, I still have an hour to clean up. What if this had happened on Shabbos, and I couldn't use a sponge?
B'H, none of it got on my suede shoes, or burned my feet.
B'H, I'm not upset, and my blood pressure is calm."

You can't change what happened, but you can change your attitude. There's nothing like mopping up a mess, and praising Hashem at the same time. Very Happy

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 11:53 am
You go girl! I hope you don’t mind but the visual of a “Masala Massacre” made me laugh out loud.
Enjoy what’s left of it and most of all continue be an inspiration to us all and keep up the positivity!
Good Shabbos

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:05 pm
Oooooh! I was both cringing and smiling at the same time.
Once I left the cholent bag on the counter while I went to finish cleaning up the shabbos table. Before I knew it, I heard a splat and had leftover coolant oozing all over the floor and cabinets. A real winner!
Thanks for reminding me to get a coffee before confronting the problem and reminding me that it's all gonna be okay.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:20 pm
At least the chicken tandoori came out awesome, and the mango raita is chilling right now. Very Happy

enneamom

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:25 pm
FF, you are amazing! Masala massacre Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

And I wish I could come to you for shabbos because your menu sounds exotic and delicious.

saralem

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:30 pm
I just adore you, FF. Have a fantastic Shabbos!

Rutabaga

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:47 pm
I'm so sorry that happened to you! You're reacting much better than I would have.

Recipes please!

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 2:37 pm
Thanks for the laughs FF
Hope you have a tasty shabbos after all!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 3:36 pm
While I believe in Thanking Hashem for that last one, I also believe you should give yourself some credit for it.

Whenever, would you like to share the recipe for the curry? You could spread it around in a beautifully productive way too 🙂.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 6:54 pm
Here's the basic recipe, and then you can add all sorts of other things to it.

1 large can of crushed tomatoes with juice.
1 can of coconut cream (not milk)
A pinch of sugar
A pinch of salt

That's your base. Spices will depend on what you like, and what is available in your area. You can find curry powder anywhere. I like to add a pinch of aesofitida, garam masala, tikka masala, finely grated fresh ginger, and a squirt of sriracha sauce. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro. A squirt of fresh lime is nice, if you can find them in season.

You can add in:
mushrooms
tofu
potatoes
frozen peas
chick peas
sweet potato
spinach
or any other veggies you like.

If you want it for a main course, you can also add chicken, beef, or lamb.

Simmer on low until all the flavors are blended, and taste to see if you like the balance.

mum22

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 6:59 pm
You’re a star FF!! 🌟 🌟 🌟

amother
Jade

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 9:35 pm
Where do you find garam masala and tikka masala in israel?
Or do you have your own recipe?

ChaniG1

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 9:50 pm
Oy - so sorry, sounds like it was (would have been?) delicious! I have issues with pain & tremors and have learnt to laugh when food goes flying... My floors are officially milchiks!

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:07 am
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Where do you find garam masala and tikka masala in israel?
Or do you have your own recipe?

I love Indian food, so before I made Aliyah I brought over a ton of full spice containers. I use the Rami brand, which is under the KSA. I don't know if you can buy that brand here. It's too bad it's so hard to get food items imported.

Britmummy

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 5:40 am
What a great attitude you have, FF!
I hope you enjoyed what was left.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational