Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
I decide to comply with the mask mandate
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 3:58 pm
Since I have thought about it overnight I have decided to comply with the mask mandates. After all I want to be a great Patriot and American and definitely don’t want to be selfish. So if it saves lives I’ll do it. But I need guidance from the experts on here since I am obviously clueless. Please help.
QUESTION(s):
1) After shopping at the local grocery store, do we leave the masks on once we leave or does the virus just stay in the stores?
- If we leave it on, then for how long?
- How many miles can I drive before it is safe to remove the mask?
2) What about my fingers, arms, legs, head, neck and toes? Should I disinfect them BEFORE or AFTER I remove my mask? After all they were exposed at the store.
3) When we arrive home from the grocery store do we disinfect the goods and bags BEFORE we bring them inside or AFTER?
- Do I put the mask back on?
4) Once we have the goods inside do we disinfect the entire car or just the trunk?
5) Do we need to disinfect our counter tops, pantries, refrigerator, entire kitchen, the dogs (they always sniff the bags) doors we touched, the garage, driveway and street?
6) What should we do about the food and goods purchased? Do we need to disinfect all these items as well? After all they were in the grocery store exposed to all these nasty liberal viruses.
7) What should I do with my homemade fancy cloth mask? Do I burn it? It was also exposed to the nasty liberal virus at the store?
8)What about the clothes I wore to the store? Is disinfecting them ok? Do I disinfect them in the grocery store parking lot or in my garage?
9) What about my eyes? Are there special eye drops I need to take? Where do I get those?
10) After consuming the goods from the store do I need a biohazard bag for the waste? (Both trash and poop)
11) Is the juice and milk I bought safe to drink or should I disinfect it first?
12) Is there a specific shampoo to use if I get a hair cut to disinfect my hair?
13) My meds...what about my meds? Are they safe to orally consume or should I disinfect them too?
14) If I shop at a hardware store should I disinfect each screw, nut and bolt BEFORE or AFTER I put them in my project?
15) I want to paint my room but I am not sure if I should disinfect the paint BEFORE or AFTER I apply it to the walls.
16) What if I forgot to follow any of the above do I call the fire department, CDC or psychiatrist?

soap suds

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:00 pm
Definitely psychiatrist LOL

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:02 pm
Oy yoy yoy.

Don't mock the fervent mask wearers who are confident they are protected.

freilich

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:04 pm
[quote="soap suds"]Definitely psychiatrist LOL[/quote
Definitely!

Need to add...for all the people driving in there car while wearing masks...do you also shower with them? If yes then OP you can add that on too.

Hatzlacha rabba on your new endeavor. A great shabbos to all!

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Since I have thought about it overnight I have decided to comply with the mask mandates. After all I want to be a great Patriot and American and definitely don’t want to be selfish. So if it saves lives I’ll do it. But I need guidance from the experts on here since I am obviously clueless. Please help.
QUESTION(s):
1) After shopping at the local grocery store, do we leave the masks on once we leave or does the virus just stay in the stores?
2) What about my fingers, arms, legs, head, neck and toes? Should I disinfect them BEFORE or AFTER I remove my mask? After all they were exposed at the store.
3) When we arrive home from the grocery store do we disinfect the goods and bags BEFORE we bring them inside or AFTER?
4) Once we have the goods inside do we disinfect the entire car or just the trunk?
5) Do we need to disinfect our counter tops, pantries, refrigerator, entire kitchen, the dogs (they always sniff the bags) doors we touched, the garage, driveway and street?
6) What should we do about the food and goods purchased? Do we need to disinfect all these items as well? After all they were in the grocery store exposed to all these nasty liberal viruses.
7) What should I do with my homemade fancy cloth mask? Do I burn it? It was also exposed to the nasty liberal virus at the store?
8)What about the clothes I wore to the store? Is disinfecting them ok? Do I disinfect them in the grocery store parking lot or in my garage?
9) What about my eyes? Are there special eye drops I need to take? Where do I get those?
10) After consuming the goods from the store do I need a biohazard bag for the waste? (Both trash and poop)
11) Is the juice and milk I bought safe to drink or should I disinfect it first?
12) Is there a specific shampoo to use if I get a hair cut to disinfect my hair?
13) My meds...what about my meds? Are they safe to orally consume or should I disinfect them too?
14) If I shop at a hardware store should I disinfect each screw, nut and bolt BEFORE or AFTER I put them in my project?
15) I want to paint my room but I am not sure if I should disinfect the paint BEFORE or AFTER I apply it to the walls.
16) What if I forgot to follow any of the above do I call the fire department, CDC or psychiatrist?

There's a rule of thumb for those who either can't understand the simple basics of the mask requirements, or are on the other end of the spectrum and act as hypochondriacs. That rule requires a hazmat suit for the said people.

So wear the hazmat suit - problem solved.

amother
Mauve

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:06 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Oy yoy yoy.

Don't mock the fervent mask wearers who are confident they are protected.

They indeed shouldn't be mocked. Because the majority of the fervent mask wearers are wearing them to protect others. So if its anyone to be mocked its those who only think of themselves.

notshanarishona

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:18 pm
[quote="freilich"]
soap suds wrote:
Definitely psychiatrist LOL[/quote
Definitely!

Need to add...for all the people driving in there car while wearing masks...do you also shower with them? If yes then OP you can add that on too.

Hatzlacha rabba on your new endeavor. A great shabbos to all!

No joke- I saw someone wearing her mask in the swimming pool (until the lifeguard told her to take it off ) Smile

GetReal

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:21 pm
The mask protects other people in case the person wearing it is contagious and asymptomatic . What a ridiculous post and an inconsiderate one.

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:31 pm
The mask doesnt protect you. it protects others in case you cough or sneeze and have asymptomatic covid. So, you dont have to do anything aside from simply wearing it on your face when you're among other people.

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 4:56 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
QUESTION(s):

Keep laughing. I hope no,one close to you gets sick or worse.

imorethanamother

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 5:34 pm
I get that you're frustrated, so I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can.

To date, Covid appears to be spread through droplets primarily and through hand-mouth transmission. Although there's contention on this part, it's unlikely to be an aerosol, and fomites aren't the primary route of transmission.

In the nursing homes, if you wear a mask, you're unlikely to get sick when you're around Covid patients, symptomatic or not. If you yourself are asymptomatic, you are unlikely to spread it by wearing a mask. A simple surgical mask, or a cloth mask, seems to form a barrier for droplets.

In a store, there are many people that pass through. Wearing a mask makes it far less likely for viral particles to be present on fomites. You don't have to worry about disinfecting items from the store, especially in one that makes sure their customers and employees wear appropriate masks and gloves.

Wearing the mask is a courtesy for you and everyone else. It allows the store owners to reassure his employees that they won't get sick - which means he can remain open for business, and you can shop there.

Feel free to take off your mask when you get into your car. And wash your hands before eating.

DrMom

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 12:08 pm
I don't get why it is difficult to understand why the spread of a disease spread by *respiratory* droplets is reduced by wearing a facemask.

If you have not managed to understand this by now, you are either willfully not listening or not capable of understanding.

But ignorance is no excuse from the law. So either way, I hope you follow the rules and are considerate of those around you.

etky

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 12:57 pm
Masks reduce the transmission of the disease and prevent illness and death.
They protect others from you but also offer a good measure of protection to the wearer too - up to 65% reduction in the odds of contracting COVID if you are wearing a mask according to one recent study.
Why is that funny?
I don't get the humor in the OP at all.

ora_43

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 2:00 pm
For no particular reason, I'm going to treat these as serious questions.

1. The point of a mask is to prevent people from breathing in each other's virus particles. Once you aren't in a closed space with other people (other than members of your family), you can remove your mask.

2. If you've been touching frequently-touched surfaces (shopping carts, door handles, etc) it's best to wash your hands, or use hand sanitzer, before touching your face or removing your mask.

3. What? No.

4. What??? No.

5. .....No. Just no.

6. Do not try to disinfect your food, that's potentially dangerous. Do wash anything that was open, like fruits or vegetables. You should really be doing this anyway. Nobody I know who's ever worked in the food industry would eat an unwashed fruit, just saying.

7. Your mask, not being a mammal, is not at risk of catching covid19. Do wash it occasionally like any other item of clothing, but you don't need to worry about its virus exposure.

8-16. ... ok I can't even pretend these are serious. I'm not sure what point you were trying to make here.

amother
Seashell

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 2:31 pm
To OP. If your post was meant as a joke then its in very poor taste.

And if it wasn't a joke and you truly don't understand the difference between wearing a mask and disinfecting clothing food etc.. and you feel the need to mock wearing a mask because u see it as useless then you clearly are not very intelligent.
Do you want someone to try to explain it ? Or you just want to stay stuck in your beliefs?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 2:32 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

And if it wasn't a joke and you truly don't understand the difference between wearing a mask and disinfecting clothing food etc.. and you feel the need to mock wearing a mask because u see it as useless then you clearly are not very intelligent.
Do you want someone to try to explain it ? Or you just want to stay stuck in your beliefs?
This, 100 % this.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 2:35 pm
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:

Yea. She definitely wants someone to try and explain it. Because you know. No one has explained the science behind wearing a mask yet. 🙄🙄🙄

Op. Honestly, this is embarrassing.

imasoftov

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 2:58 pm
Bill Nye uses science to show world of adult children the importance of wearing a mask

LovesHashem

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 3:09 pm
imasoftov wrote:
Bill Nye uses science to show world of adult children the importance of wearing a mask

Thank you. Maybe someone from people’s childhood can actually make them see sense......or not.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Jul 11 2020, 4:20 pm
From The Times of Israel today:

The Health Ministry on Friday evening reported 1,504 new cases over the past 24 hours in Israel as lockdowns came into effect in neighborhoods in five towns and cities hit hard by the coronavirus outbreak.

According to the ministry, the number included 840 infections since midnight, with two people dying in that period, bringing the overall death toll to 351.

There are currently 130 patients in serious condition, including 42 on ventilators. Another 91 people were in moderate condition and the rest have mild symptoms or are asymptomatic. The total number of active infections was 16,739 and total cases were at 36,266.

So no, your post is NOT funny. Mad
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics