Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
My first time doing this. Please help!

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 2:43 am
Hi! I never posted here before and I’d like to get myself back in shape.
I’m about 5’0” tall and since I don’t have a scale but I’m definitely post baby I can assume that I’m more or less around 145 pounds.
I’m not big but I’m not exactly skinny either.
I have a lot of flab that I’d like to get rid of but I’d like some help.

If there is no freezer food then I’d cook but most of what I cook is all starchy (potatoes, pasta, etc)
I make soup too but that’s more like in the winter months.

How can I motivate myself to keep and eat and be healthy?

I’m also looking for simple exercises for beginners. Thanks!

Rappel

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:04 am
Well, I don't know if I'm the best person for advice, because I've definitely been breaking my good habits lately. Hiding But I'm not beating myself up over it, because I'm expecting soon, and everything is whacky.

For me, the easiest motivation is... Only have healthy food in your house. If you don't have fish sticks and ketchup at home, then you'll make the effort to plan and prepare something a little more nutritious. I also find that when I eat healthier, I stop craving simple carbs. Because when your body is missing vitamins and nutrition, it seeks easy energy just to keep going. And my secret super-power: DH cuts me salads whenever he is actually home, so I don't have to. Then I can just snack on that from the fridge.

Healthy is good, but you also have a baby, and you need easy food ideas. So sit down, and plan out what you're comfortable committing to. Ex: It might be that the only change you make right now is stop buying cookies, and buy more fruit for snacks. Something you're ready to do. Later, you can adjust more as you feel confident with your ability to cope.

Easy exercise? I like dance music while cleaning. Very Happy In your house, on your own, you can just let go and DANCE. And babies love dancing with their immas. When I listened to non-Jewish music, my favourite cleaning jam was Juanes, but now I'm building a playlist off of mostly Israeli music. Maybe we can start a thread to share up-beat Jewish music for home use. Smile))

elisheva25

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:18 am
Easiest exercise... Walking 3x/ a week.
Exercise alone won’t help you lose weight, but it’ll tone you long term
But you need to commit for at least a month to see any sort of difference
Diet.... try to cut out starchy carbs and eat more eggs, and salads
Again... one month commitment to see any sort of change .

Britmummy

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:47 am
The easiest way to start a healthier lifestyle is to ADD things before you start trying to take things away.

Add a small fresh salad/crudités at the start of each meal - even if it's just a sliced tomato with a sprinkle of frozen chopped basil, or a few slices of cucumber with a spoonful of hummus.

Add extra protein to each meal. A boiled egg for breakfast, for example, will fill you up for far longer than cereals or toast and will stop you craving carbs and snacking before lunch!

Add more water: next time you shop, buy a few lemons. Wash them and slice them, then freeze the slices on a tray. Once frozen, put them into a bag or tub in your freezer. At the start of every meal, throw a couple of slices into a jug of ice water and drink that with your meal (and between meals). You won't crave sugary drinks so much after that.

Once these few changes have become natural, you can then build on them to make other healthy changes.

B'hatzlacha !

Last edited by Britmummy on Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:09 am
I am the same height.

Here are the major tips that work for me:

Track everything you eat.
Drink 8 cups of water every day.
Don’t eat after 8 pm.
Don’t go 3 hours without eating.
Try to eat a protein at every meal.
Make a food plan - breakfast, 3 hours later snack, lunch, 3 hours later snack, then dinner.

I am also using a nutritionist who made a food plan for me. She helped me identify healthy foods versus junky foods. She also helps me with accountability - I don’t want to cheat because she will review my food log every week.

My neighbor lost 45 pounds with this nutritionist. B”H I lost as well but less.

I won’t name the name of the nutritionist but it’s the one that’s banned on this site. It’s a shame that this practice is banned from being mentioned on this site, because it’s helped women all over my neighborhood lose weight and have a dramatically better quality of life.

newmother

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:20 am
Use myfitnesspal it's an app that you enter everything that you eat so you can see how many calories you are eating. It has a database of hundreds of foods, even some hemish brande so it is relatively easy to use
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise