Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Stopping unemployment

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:10 pm
I’m stopping unemployment now as my kids are in camp. I’m just nervous that I will need to restart if school is not open in September. Do I just stop claiming now, and just file a new claim then...?

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:16 pm
Yes.
Restart if need be in September.

Last edited by allthingsblue on Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:25 pm
You can calm down Smile. I never intended to claim now. I was wondering how to restart this if needed. What a way to respond.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:29 pm
OP, it doesn’t sound like you’re going crazy lol. I am not sure what to u should do tho honestly maybe call the unemployment phone number and ask them? Sorry I’m not helpful here

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You can calm down Smile. I never intended to claim now. I was wondering how to restart this if needed. What a way to respond.

I'm sorry if my words sounded harsh- I was answering what I thought wasyour question:
I thought you asked if you should be calm, so I said yes Smile but I misread your post- you said "claim." Sorry about that, my eyes played tricks on me!

If schools don't open, many others will be in your boat and I'm sure the states will clarify guidelines.

Last edited by allthingsblue on Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:30 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
OP, it doesn’t sound like you’re going crazy lol. I am not sure what to u should do tho honestly maybe call the unemsployment phone number and ask them? Sorry I’m not helpful here

Thanks! I will.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:34 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I'm sorry if my words sounded harsh- I was answering what I thought wasyour question:
I thought you asked if you should be calm, so I said yes Smile but I misread your post- you said "claim." Sorry about that, my eyes played tricks on me!

If schools don't open, many others will be in your boat and I'm sure the states will clarify guidelines.

Thanks for the clarification

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:35 pm
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/......html

chatz

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:39 pm
Are you certifying weekly / biweekly? Just answer accordingly. You won't receive benefits for these weeks but your claim will still be open if you need to go back on.

Eta or just don't certify for these weeks. But the claim should still be open in sept. At least for ny.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 3:53 pm
chatz wrote:
Are you certifying weekly / biweekly? Just answer accordingly. You won't receive benefits for these weeks but your claim will still be open if you need to go back on.

Eta or just don't certify for these weeks. But the claim should still be open in sept. At least for ny.

You mean basically say that I worked - with amount paid, so that benefit will be 0.. and do that for the next few weeks till things are clearer?

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 5:41 pm
chatz wrote:

This, and I live in nj

amother
Pumpkin

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 5:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You mean basically say that I worked - with amount paid, so that benefit will be 0.. and do that for the next few weeks till things are clearer?
I think you just shouldn’t certify. If you tell them you worked then they direct you to discuss with a representative and we all know how that works. You’re not claiming unemployment for that week so don’t fill out a claim.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 6:00 pm
amother [ Pumpkin ] wrote:
I think you just shouldn’t certify. If you tell them you worked then they direct you to discuss with a representative and we all know how that works. You’re not claiming unemployment for that week so don’t fill out a claim.

K thanks!

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 6:47 am
If you don't certify for a bunch of weeks, then when you do certify again they ask you a question- "you haven't certified since that date. is it because you worked?"

maybe it's better to answer the questions. if you worked less than 4 days a week and earned less than 504 per week, you may be eligible to still receive something each week.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics