Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Bugaboo vs uppababy
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:48 pm
Pregnant with my first and trying to figure out which strollers to get. I live in Lakewood and plan on getting the Doona. The stroller would be for the bassinet, walks (mostly shabbos), and because they eventually grow out of the Doona.
Any recommendations? I’ve been told the bugaboo fox Or the uppababy vista are good options

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:53 pm
They’re very different. The vista is great as a double if you think you’ll have a second not too close in age to your first. (Too close in age and you’d prob want a side by side double) it also folds in one piece which Makes a really big diff in my opinion. Smaller differences are the vista basket is huge and the seat + bassinet sit higher up than the bugaboo. But the bugaboo is slightly lighter and narrower so you really have to think what your specific needs are and choose according to that.
Personally the bugaboo felt more “statusy” to me, and I run from things like that. (Kind of like the LV never full in that way)

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:54 pm
I can relate to e.t u wrote also live in lkwd and also got the doona. Just some food for thought if u get a more compact stroller with a bassinet option like the bugaboo bee or uppa baby Cruz, u won't need to be buying a 3rd (!!!) stroller when ur baby outgrows the doona and ur huge stroller doesnt fit into ur car and u need another smaller car stroller. I definitely have many (high end) neighbors with the doona, bugaboo chameleon and yoyo...

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 9:55 pm
I don’t have experience with either, but I’ve been doing a lot of stroller research recently, and this baby supply company’s videos are so helpful. It’s a Jewish-owned business in Massachusetts.

Here is their video comparing the two strollers:

https://youtu.be/TtV_wsHSKW4

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 12 2020, 10:37 pm
Definitely don’t plan on having 2 very close together. At least 2 years possibly 3 but we’ll see how things go. Do the more compact car strollers have bassinets? Are they newborn friendly?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 12:07 am
Look into the uppababy minu. Very lightweight and compact, with bassinet option.

mommy2x

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 1:07 am
Uppababy Vista or the Cruz with bassinet!! If your kids will be 2 or 3 years apart, you don't need the double option on the Vista and therefore makes it more worth to get the Cruz and can buy a buggy board for the back when older kid needs a place in the stroller. The Vista is a heavier and bigger frame than the Cruz because it can accommodate 2 seats (which you buy separately). If you won't need 2 seats (which you wouldn't get on the bugaboo anyway) I would do uppababy Cruz with bassinet! Very easy to fold, great suspension, great basket and hood size, lasts very long time and uppababy takes care of their customers! They have tune up events around lakewood once a year where they clean your tires, oil your handbar and make it run smoothly. They will often replace any parts they find broken for free!

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 7:22 am
Cybex Priam for the win

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 7:26 am
I know this wasn’t your question, but I’m just advising you to research the doona before you get it. I thought it was a given that I’d get it, but after actually asking around both here and in real life, I realized it was completely not what I wanted and wouldn’t fit my lifestyle needs.

Goldie1964

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 4:44 am
Bugaboo was purchased by a new owner and has not kept up stock of spare parts etc.

silverlining3

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 5:53 am
I heard bugaboo links is excellent (but probably expensive too). It is cameleon size, not bulky, with all latest upgrades. I know someone who has it but haven't seen it.
Though just for a shabs walk and not official use, maybe you don't need 'the best'-and obviously, expensive.

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 6:16 am
I have the mamas and papas stroller occaro model and I love it.
It has a huge basket and you can easily maneuver it.
However when it’s folded it’s a bit on the heavier side but I love it lol. It’s less pricy and I got it for sale at megababies for 550!!
Here’s the link

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/.....black

There are other colors and models and you can get a bassinet too. The stroller comes with a rain cover which is a huge plus. It also lays baby flat and it’s very comfortable. My son falls asleep easily in it BH

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:17 am
I know everyone on here is anti yo-yo but I have it and love it. I didn’t use my bugaboo for my last baby - only the yo-yo. I bought car seat adapters so no need for Doona. It pushes great. Did not buy the bassinet since my kid slept at home and if he fell asleep on the go I used the car seat and adapters with the yo-yo. I’m really enjoying it

MiriFr

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:21 am
CYBEX PRIAM!!!!!!

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 10:27 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
I know everyone on here is anti yo-yo but I have it and love it. I didn’t use my bugaboo for my last baby - only the yo-yo. I bought car seat adapters so no need for Doona. It pushes great. Did not buy the bassinet since my kid slept at home and if he fell asleep on the go I used the car seat and adapters with the yo-yo. I’m really enjoying it

The yo yo is a travel stroller. I didn't find it sturdy enough for regular stroller use and lots of walking.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 7:39 pm
Bumping to get more opinions.

OP I couldnt have written your post word for word. FTM, I have the doona for the stroller and I'm looking into prams now. Can't decide between uppababy vista, uppababy cruz (BTW, what exactly is the diff. between the two?), bugaboo chameleon or bugaboo fox. So confusing what to get!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 8:27 pm
I have the doona and bugaboo fox. I love both. The doona is amazing for a car seat and short walks tha to may need to take a car. Is great to travel. My bugaboo is used as the main stroller. Going for walks etc. it really depends where you live and what your life is like. I don’t have a car and I walk most places....

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 8:36 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

OP I couldnt have written your post word for word. FTM, I have the doona for the stroller and I'm looking into prams now. Can't decide between uppababy vista, uppababy cruz (BTW, what exactly is the diff. between the two?), bugaboo chameleon or bugaboo fox. So confusing what to get!

Of the bugaboos, sounds like the fox 2 is the best. I’m deciding between that and Cybex Priam.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 8:45 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Of the bugaboos, sounds like the fox 2 is the best. I’m deciding between that and Cybex Priam.

How did you decide fox is best? Nver heard of cybex priam, will look into it tysm

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Aug 11 2020, 8:51 pm
amother [ Wheat ] wrote:

With the vista, you can attach a toddler seat and it becomes a double stroller. Both the cruz and vista also take a buggy board for a kid to stand on too. Great strollers.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics