Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Seit looking for a career change.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:01 pm
I’m sick of the unpredictability in pay and of feeling like an unwanted guest in the classrooms. I have a lot of strengths but my experience is only in the educational arena. Not looking to teach a classroom, as I’ve done that and while I loved it, it is super emotionally investing, and I’m not looking for that type of position. Does anyone have any ideas? I have very strong people and communication skills, am a team player, am very dedicated and loyal. I think I’m a pretty good writer too after all these years of report/eval writing etc. I’m smart and pleasant to be around. Just looking for a change I guess and for a more stable paycheck. Any ideas? (I also have little children so I don’t know if I can swing a real intense full time type of thing yet)

art

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:08 pm
How about specializing in something in the educational field? Reading skills, auditory processing etc. Doing it privately or through an agency.

You can also do something more like P3 (from what I recall, it's more like pulling kids out of class and tutoring, as opposed to being in the classroom).

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:12 pm
art wrote:
How about specializing in something in the educational field? Reading skills, auditory processing etc. Doing it privately or through an agency.

You can also do something more like P3 (from what I recall, it's more like pulling kids out of class and tutoring, as opposed to being in the classroom).

Thank you. At this point I’d really like to try something different and move away from the educational jobs.. (also I’ve done p3 etc.. it also has same money unpredictability)

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:21 pm
I'm in the same boat...

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:40 pm
For an actual career change you probably need to look into some sort of training or course.
The people I know who left the educational field either went back to college or worked for textbook companies doing training which involves a lot of travel. Most just left the classroom to go into administration tbh.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:43 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
For an actual career change you probably need to look into some sort of training or course.
The people I know who left the educational field either went back to college or worked for textbook companies doing training which involves a lot of travel. Most just left the classroom to go into administration tbh.

So I dont know if I mean a career change per say. Im unable to go back to school now. I would be happy with a job that paid like a solid salary, like say 40-50k. is that unrealistic? Administration most of the time requires an SBL which I cant do right now.

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:49 pm
I mean, you can try applying for an office job somewhere. I don't know what's available where you live or what salaries are like.
Maybe look at job is local universities to see what sort of office jobs are available, they would likely be open to someone with job experience in the educational field. I doubt that starting salary would be as much as 50k, though. Maybe 40k, or a bit lower.

art

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 5:07 pm
There are office-style jobs that require a bachelor's degree (which you have) like a care manager for a special needs agency (like Tri County Care. The pay is a lot less per hour than SEIT, but it has good benefits and stability and yearly wage can come out pretty good.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 8:49 pm
Following.
also looking for stability.
anyone know anything about educational evaluators? How much they earn? need anymore degrees post a masters in special/gen ed?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:17 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Following.
also looking for stability.
anyone know anything about educational evaluators? How much they earn? need anymore degrees post a masters in special/gen ed?

Ive actually been an evaluator.. its ok as a side gig but the money isnt all that great for the amount of work and travel, and paperwork. its also not enough work to be steady unless you run yourself ragged evaluating for a million different agencies, and do many many evals a week. even so, its not guaranteed stable pay. unless perhaps you can find a salaried job with an agency.. havent really seen those.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:23 pm
Oh, I didnt realize that it's not salaried...
so I guess Im with you!

Looking for salaried position that I can use my masters degree... anyone have experience with a service coordinator? case manager?

mra01385

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:43 pm
Was thinking maybe you can find out about becoming a service coordinator or case manager. Also, maybe find out how to be come an education advocate for the board of Ed cpse And IEP meetings. Another thing to look into is curriculum development. Hatzlacha

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:44 pm
thanks!! any idea how to find out?
clueless...!

mra01385

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:47 pm
Maybe call a special Ed agency like challenge or yeled v yalada to find out how to become service coordinator or even education advocate.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:51 pm
Comfort health
Hamaspik
Tri county care
All hiring

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 7:10 am
All these type of jobs don't offer close to the flexibility seit offers. Most are looking for close to ft positions and if you are a mother is kids that doesn't work too well.

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:02 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Comfort health
Hamaspik
Tri county care
All hiring

Do these places offer work from home jobs? I'm not a seit but a related service provider, and I am seriously considering switching to an office job because who.know what is going to happen with the upcoming school year... if they will even allow in person services
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics