Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Avoid eating after dinner
1  2  Next

israelimom

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:35 pm
My Achilles heel is snacking after dinner. I do it daily (especially because I'm craving something sweet about an hour after dinner), and every night before bed I vow that tomorrow will be different, but it never is. For those of you who manage to have your last food for the day at 6:30 or earlier, what tips or encouragement can you give me?

lovingmommy3417

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:39 pm
I always have a water bottle with me if I want to snack I drink water. I also make sure I eat enough dinner. You will also get used to it with time. If at first it's hard maybe try to limit it to something healthy once in the evening.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:42 pm
I usually don’t eat after 6 pm. I only drink water after. If you feel the need to snack on something take a fruit- it takes a half hour just to digest.

Miri1

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 4:54 pm
Have a cup of non caffeine herbal tea.
Perhaps if you're really craving something sweet you can start out with a bit of honey and then slowly reduce until you actually can look forward to unwinding with an unsweetened herbal tea.

amother
Scarlet

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 6:24 pm
eat a couple squares of very dark chocolate. 72% cocoa or higher. its very low sugar. And a cup of herbal tea, for example tazo orange tea is very sweet naturally.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 7:13 pm
I can't drink a lot in the evening and am very sensitive to caffeine. What about some fruit or veg?

lamplighter

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 7:13 pm
I dont go into the kitchen at night.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 7:23 pm
Gum or sucking candies? It will get you used to not filling up on food and then you can slowly cut back.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 7:26 pm
Water or decaf tea does it for me. I usually don’t eat after 6:30/7:30

mra01385

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:33 pm
Does not eating anything after supper really help to lose weight?

tweety1

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:43 pm
mra01385 wrote:

Wondering the same. I'm willing to try it if it does.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:44 pm
mra01385 wrote:

Yes. I used to not eat after dinner and I lost a nice amount of weight at the time. I only drank water or tea after dinner. And I made sure to have dinner at 6:30-6:45 latest.

mra01385

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:47 pm
To blessing1 do you mind sharing how many pounds you lost?

Lovemy5

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:50 pm
Maybe try brushing your teeth and flossing. Your mouth will feel clean and you won’t want to have to brush again if you eat afterward.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:56 pm
mra01385 wrote:

I don’t do it for weight loss, I do it because it doesn’t digest well if I eat too late.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 9:57 pm
mra01385 wrote:
To blessing1 do you mind sharing how many pounds you lost?

I lost 30lbs in 4.5 months.
I did this together with trying to eat healthy. Lots of protein and very little white flour & sugar. I tried to snack only on fruit or healthy snack.

lilies

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:13 pm
mra01385 wrote:

Read the book 'The Obesity Code: Unlocking the Secrets of Weight Loss' recommended by Andrea Levy on another thread.

It's extremely informative and explains why fasting after supper until breakfast resets the 'thermostat' that controls your body's weight.

mra01385

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:27 pm
To blessing1
Wow! So what time did you eat breakfast In the morning after not eating after dinner? Also, what did you eat for meals instead of White flour and sugar? It’s so hard to avoid those foods cuz that’s what makes my body feel full and less hungry.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:33 pm
mra01385 wrote:
To blessing1
Wow! So what time did you eat breakfast In the morning after not eating after dinner? Also, what did you eat for meals instead of White flour and sugar? It’s so hard to avoid those foods cuz that’s what makes my body feel full and less hungry.

I eat breakfast late, about at 11. Before that I have some whole wheat crackers. I didn't avoid flour and sugar completely but I had very little. Breakfast was usually whole wheat bread with avocado or peanut butter & scrambled eggs. Lunch was whole wheat tuna sandwich with veggies. I only drink water besides for 1 cup of OJ first thing in the morning.
If you think you can't go without white flour, try white whole wheat flour. I also walked alot every day. I did all the above every day besides for not eating after dinner and I didn't lose that much weight. I started losing more when I stopped eating at night.

mra01385

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:43 pm
I can eat whole wheat bread but I also like rye bread. Also do you eat any pasta? What did you eat on shabbos and yomtov?
Also are you still keeping to the diet and excercise even after losing all that weight? I need to lose like 20lbs.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise