Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Books in your Cart

lilies

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:41 pm
Please do share!
Books on your to-read list or in your cart.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 10:46 pm
I just reserved The Wildwood Chronicles at my library but open to any fantastic fantasy series recommendations Very Happy. This came up when I googled “books similar to Harry Potter”.

LeahRivka

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 3:04 pm
Just finished Stories that Bind Us by Susie Finkbeiner. Very good, clean book. First of hers I've read and was super pleased with her writing style. No language, no sx, and her characters while Christian were religious. But not in your face. Recommend.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 3:17 pm
I actually just read Born on a Blue Day this weekend, by Daniel Tammet. I got the recommendation here on Ima and loved it.
It's about a savant person on the autism spectrum that also has Aspergers. It's written like an autobiography.
I also read the Mother In Law by Sally Hepworth this weekend. It's a thriller but not too scary and not one of those books that stay with you forever, but I guess that's subjective.
Anon because I told a couple of my friends because I was too excited about finally having access to library books again.
One of my favorite books of all time is The Help by Kathryn Stockett. It's historical fiction written in a way that keeps you intrigued the whole time.
Another book I liked a lot was Behind Closed Doors by B. A. Paris. I believe the genre would be classified as a thriller.

lilies

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 3:22 pm
Recently finished Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine. It's heavy and light all at once.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 3:36 pm
I just read an American Marriage by Tayari Jones. I thought it was very thought provoking, but overrated.

esuss

Post Mon, Aug 10 2020, 3:46 pm
Russka by Edward Rutherford. I am in middle of his book called New York and am excited to start Russka as well. They are historical fiction following a few families over a few centuries.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room