Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Hair spray to set makeup
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:02 pm
I have heard people mention that they use hairspray to make makeup stay over shabbos or yom tov. what company do you use? I want to give it a try. how do I do it? I just close my eyes and spray?? All beauty tips accepted

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:09 pm
Oh boy, unless your skin is made of armour, please don't!

tweety1

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:13 pm
Skindinavia was suggested here to me and I love it.
Face premier, foundation, dual active powder foundation, blush and the rest, lip premier under lipstick, and then the skindinavia. Last me through shabbos.

Last edited by tweety1 on Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:14 pm
There is actually a special spray for that , that is very gentle

But with masks, who needs makeup Very Happy

thatworn

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:22 pm
I could imagine that it would work but your face might stay made up forever. Which could be a positive thing if you really like make up. Cheaper also, no need to reapply. But what about mikveh? Maybe wait til menopause before trying it.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:23 pm
I used to use face setting spray and it never lasted nicely. The makeup artist at heaven scent told me to use hairspray and it lasts all shabbos! Sometimes even through 2 days yom tov. I don't do it every shabbos though, only when I have a simcha.
Close your eyes and spray about 8-10 inches from your face. Make sure not to spray too much though.
I use tresseme'.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:24 pm
thatworn wrote:
I could imagine that it would work but your face might stay made up forever. Which could be a positive thing if you really like make up. Cheaper also, no need to reapply. But what about mikveh? Maybe wait til menopause before trying it.

Why would it last forever? It starts wearing off towards the end of shabbos.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Jul 13 2020, 11:33 pm
Personally I have never tried hairspray on my face but have tried setting spray which did not do much. I have slightly oily skin and the trick I find is to use an oil controlling primer or spray on your bare skin (I have an elf spray that has kaolin clay in it which absorbs oil). This prevents oil from breaking through the foundation and ruining everything. Then I use a full coverage foundation (este lauder double wear). Before I set it with powder I use cream bronzer and blush and set those with powder bronzer and blush. Then I lightly set my whole face with mattifying powder. It looks intense Friday night but it is definitely there the next day!

Hope this is helpful! If you more product details let me know.

thatworn

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:11 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Why would it last forever? It starts wearing off towards the end of shabbos.

I was making a joke. I guess I was unsuccessful.

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:14 am
thatworn wrote:
I was making a joke. I guess I was unsuccessful.

It only stays until the wind changes. Like Mary Poppins. ☔️

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:29 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I used to use face setting spray and it never lasted nicely. The makeup artist at heaven scent told me to use hairspray and it lasts all shabbos! Sometimes even through 2 days yom tov. I don't do it every shabbos though, only when I have a simcha.
Close your eyes and spray about 8-10 inches from your face. Make sure not to spray too much though.
I use tresseme'.

My experience was that local stores don't sell skindinavia. They sell model in a bottle-its not the same. Skindinavia does the job model in a bottle does not.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:31 am
tweety1 wrote:
My experience was that local stores don't sell skindinavia. They sell model in a bottle-its not the same. Skindinavia does the job model in a bottle does not.

I have skindinavia. It barely lasts me through the night. I tried afew setting sprays, nothing really helped it last through shabbos.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:35 am
People use hair spray, but rather get something that’s special made for the face. It’s safer.

Another vote for Skindinavia Bridal (pink label)

I tried many and I’ve recommended it here a lot.

But nobody sells it, only on their website. Wait for a good coupon they have 25-30 off many times.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:44 am
Model in a bottle works for me!

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:02 pm
I am using hairspray for years now. Works great for me. Though face does feel stiff after spray

Simple1

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:09 pm
I would worry about it being harmful to the skin.

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 2:52 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
People use hair spray, but rather get something that’s special made for the face. It’s safer.

Another vote for Skindinavia Bridal (pink label)

I tried many and I’ve recommended it here a lot.

But nobody sells it, only on their website. Wait for a good coupon they have 25-30 off many times.

Skindinavia? I bought it on amazon

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 2:54 pm
amother [ Pearl ] wrote:
I am using hairspray for years now. Works great for me. Though face does feel stiff after spray

I move around my face right after I spray to prevent my face from getting stiff. I open wide and shut my mouth a couple of times.

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 2:55 pm
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....be9fc
This is the one I have and I love it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 3:04 pm
Thank you all for the replies. maybe I just need long lasting makeup. any links? matte lipstick, eyeliner etc?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics