Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Closing toilet seat and cabinets, hand in hand?

yo'ma

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 9:46 am
I go to the bathroom and I close the toilet seat the same way I shut a light off when I leave a room or close a draw or cabinet that I opened. Men, on the other hand, (NOT ALL MEN) tend to not do those things on a regular basis. What do you think? Do you think they go hand in hand, not closing/shutting things off?
Very Happy

Blessing1

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:19 am
I like to leave the toilet cover up so the toilet can air out.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:51 am
My seat opens and closes automatically.

FWIW, it is much more hygienic to close the seat BEFORE flushing because flushing a toilet spews the toilet waste into the bathroom and on everything within six feet.

ETA - The worst is when for some reason, I use the guest bath and a man has not put the seat down and I sit and almost fall in. LOL LOL

Last edited by Amarante on Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

mamaleh

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:58 am
I am always closing cabinets, almost never close the toilet.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:03 am
Definitely a thing with men! My MIL and me always argue (joke 'fcourse) who failed to teach DH to close cabinets.

hodeez

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 11:08 am
Some men even forget to close their zippers so we should count our blessings 😆

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 12:03 pm
My DH grew up in a family where they always closed the toilet seat lid. It drove me batty until I managed to train him out of it.

Sitting down on a closed lid is *almost* as bad as falling in.

zaq

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 3:53 pm
yo'ma wrote:
I go to the bathroom and I close the toilet seat the same way I shut a light off when I leave a room or close a draw or cabinet that I opened. Men, on the other hand, (NOT ALL MEN) tend to not do those things on a regular basis. What do you think? Do you think they go hand in hand, not closing/shutting things off?
Very Happy

No.
Not many people are aware that a toilet lid should be lowered before flushing because of the aerosols that are generated. That's a matter of education.

Closing drawers and cabinets is a matter of personal neatness and it's not gender-based.
Switching off lights is a matter of frugality and/or conservationism and it's also not gender-based.

Personal neatness and frugality are also things that are taught, by example or by design. A child either absorbs these lessons or s/he does not, although some people are intuitively this way even if not specifically taught to be that way.

I think many people simply accept or expect males to be sloppy and don't do anything to correct that because "boys will be boys" whereas they expect girls to be neater. Anyone who has ever been to an all-girls' summer camp or dorm knows better. it's just that males tend to be harder on the superstructure, or do I mean infrastructure? Both, really. Girls don't usually rip toilets out of the wall or doors off the hinges or set things on fire.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette