Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Neighbor dumping garbage on my porch. Wwyd
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ExtraCredit

Post Tue, Jul 14 2020, 10:24 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
You took the words out of my mouth. I was actually thinking how you can combine Hamans daughter theme to your Poem, but my brain had too much cotton candy or rain clouds or something to be able to think.

LOL

amother
White

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 12:49 am
Maybe they can cover that side of the gate with fake grass, or a piece of wood to block stuff from “falling” down to your porch

That said, op, your Middos are impressive.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 1:29 am
amother [ White ] wrote:
Maybe they can cover that side of the gate with fake grass, or a piece of wood to block stuff from “falling” down to your porch

That’s an idea as well!

Not sure how impressive my middos are but I hate fights way more than garbage on my property.

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 2:21 am
amother [ White ] wrote:

The kids will just throw it over the fake grass. BTDT. And do the parents just say "kids will be kids..."

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 2:25 am
crust wrote:
How about cigarettes on your awning?
Yes some of them were still burning yes it made a hole.

I have a sil that gets unnerved from a similar situation. The difference between me and her is that we both have the same situation but she gets nervous and I don't.

Blood pressure matters.

In that case the neighbors can pay for the damage.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:15 am
How about hanging some kind of net above your porch, which will catch all the garbage?

crust

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 10:50 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
In that case the neighbors can pay for the damage.

It was many years ago and the situation was not one where I could do that.

BH I don't live that way now.

Sweet as Pie

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 12:32 pm
Not that my story is similar but I had a huge screw fly onto a spot right near me from the fourth floor porch. It was very scary because I was holding a small baby in my arms and it could’ve put a hole through skin

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 12:33 pm
Move to a private house! Yes op, I’m serious! This is life with neighbors, love it or leave it. Or at least tolerate it...

Yes you could be passive aggressive or outright aggressive but it’ll only backfire in the long run...not worth it to burn your bridges with a person that you have to face day in day out.

Good luck!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:13 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
How about hanging some kind of net above your porch, which will catch all the garbage?

How would it help if I have banana peels stuck on a net on top of my porch?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:14 pm
Sweet as Pie wrote:
Not that my story is similar but I had a huge screw fly onto a spot right near me from the fourth floor porch. It was very scary because I was holding a small baby in my arms and it could’ve put a hole through skin

Sounds awful!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 4:20 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
Move to a private house! Yes op, I’m serious! This is life with neighbors, love it or leave it. Or at least tolerate it...

Yes you could be passive aggressive or outright aggressive but it’ll only backfire in the long run...not worth it to burn your bridges with a person that you have to face day in day out.

Good luck!

An island for myself sounds nice!

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
An island for myself sounds nice!
It sounds nice to me too but I don’t think my husband or kids would come along

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:54 pm
amother [ Plum ] wrote:

Good luck!

I respectfully disagree.

The neighbor is already showing utter disrespect and disdain for OP. She is allowing her kids to throw their garbage onto OP's terrace, and ignoring OP's requests that she act in a civil manner. There are no bridges left to burn. OP should demand respect -- tell the neighbor that it will no longer be tolerated, that you will demand that someone from their family remove the trash that they throw, and if they refuse, that you will be contacting the landlord/homeowners association/rabbi/beit din (as appropriate). And follow through. Her enjoyment of her own home is being impacted.

I've lived in apartments for a long time, and in a row home before that, and have rarely experienced these issues. When my parents did, they stood up for themselves.

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:09 pm
I struggle with cleanliness. And yes, it trickles down to my kids. I try extra hard to be extra careful outside, so that my neighbors don't suffer from my shortcomings.

But......I would be so so so so hurt with any of these suggestions. Even the nice note on the garbage can. I know it's friendly. But it would make me cry.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:38 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
I struggle with cleanliness. And yes, it trickles down to my kids. I try extra hard to be extra careful outside, so that my neighbors don't suffer from my shortcomings.

But......I would be so so so so hurt with any of these suggestions. Even the nice note on the garbage can. I know it's friendly. But it would make me cry.

So what would you suggest she should do? Just keep cleaning up after your kids?

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:41 pm
would not want to hurt someones feelings at the same time would not be ok with people's garbage coming down and all the more so now during covid

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:42 pm
Confused as to why the kids aren't cleaning up after themselves?
If my kids threw garbage into someone else's yard I'd be mortified and march them over to go pick it up.

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:46 pm
I would ask her if you can pay to put up screening on her porch so things don't come down on you.
Though it might backfire.

My neighbors have a very bright floodlight to prevent burglars. Unfortunately it also prevents sleep in my house so I have to invest in room darkening shades & curtains for every bedroom (and even so it's not great). I asked them if I can pay to put a spotlight that will only target their windows & not mine & it ended up in a mess ... so now I think they are somewhat upset with me and we still have a problem.

But I've just been reading "The Impact of As Long As I Live" and thinking about how to forgive them completely and move on (meaning I really do try to understand them etc but I still can't help feeling a littel bit upset about it every time I look at the light shining in ...)

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:47 pm
I love that book!
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics