Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
S/O Going rate to rent house for shabbos in Monroe

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:30 pm
What's the going rate for a house a few miles away from KJ that the closest minyan is a 25 minute walk?

6 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 1 half bath. Living room, dining room, old kitchen, and tons of space to run and play. Airy home, outside lots of trees and streches of grass and privacy, patio and wrap around porch.

What can my friend charge?

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:32 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What's the going rate for a house a few miles away from KJ that the closest minyan is a 25 minute walk?

6 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms, 1 half bath. Living room, dining room, old kitchen, and tons of space to run and play. Airy home, outside lots of trees and streches of grass and privacy, patio and wrap around porch.

What can my friend charge?

Is it available during the week?

Where is it located?
I was looking into renting a similar home 6 BR but nicer kitchen and beautiful grounds linens and all.

Its in Blooming Grove where there's a shul every few houses
It was 1500 for a week.

Was too expensive for us

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 6:10 pm
The Blooming Grove homes are all older and bi-levels. Basically 1 floor plus a finished basement and hardly any outdoor space or privacy. Of course some would still be happy with this..

But her house is much larger with 2 floors and an unfinished basement. Lots of grass and privacy to enjoy. It IS far and no Jews nearby hence the long walk to minyan.Nice area, though.

She would probably rent it during the week too with a maximum of one week. But she'll never give it away for such a low rate.

Is 1500 the going rate per week? If so, I'm afraid she won't go for the whole idea of renting it away. I had this rental idea for her but we'll see if the going rate makes sense to her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics