Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Marine park - where are people living? Whats the crowd like?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 8:41 pm
We (dh and I) are looking into marine park. What can you tell us about it? Whats the crowd like? Is there any feeling of a community there? Any nearby shopping? Do you need two cars? What type of shuls are walking distance?

What blocks are people living on? near the park? any blocks after flatbush ave have frum people? What about on flatands ave before flatbush ave?

Around how much should I expect to spend on a 3/4 bedroom home?

Also if you know of anyone selling there for a decent price we would be interested to hear about it.

Thanks - all help is appreciated!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 2:35 pm
Bump

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 2:48 pm
Two houses for sale on Hendrickson bet Quentin and R. One is a real fixer upper. So it's cheaper.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 2:51 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Two houses for sale on Hendrickson bet Quentin and R. One is a real fixer upper. So it's cheaper.

Thanks. Do you have links? What is the block like - are there jewish families with young children? How would you describe them?

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 3:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks. Do you have links? What is the block like - are there jewish families with young children? How would you describe them?

I live in MP. It’s somewhat of a mix but pretty modern orthodox majority, lots of shuls, yes young kids.

solo

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:06 pm
I live in marine park. The neighborhood is pretty spread out. I have friends who live on East 31st and ave p (the blocks there are 50-80% frum) and friends on Hendrickson and ave t (3-5 families) marine park is a mixed crowd with all sects levels of practice and shuls to chose from (Actually the only properly chassidish families I know are the shul Rav’s.) I live right near the park. 12 frum families. A few mainstream Brooklyn Yeshiva/ bais yakov families. A few more mo. 3 family houses have most recently sold for high 700- 800k. 4 bedroom for over 900k

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:32 am
We moved to Marine Park (but right on the border) a little less than a year ago. We were very lucky in that we moved into a block that is almost entirely frum, with a really nice mix from modern orthodox to chassidish. The block is almost like a small, warm and diverse OOT community. I literally feel like I've moved out of Brooklyn, but with the benefit that I still have all the conveniences. I know that my block is more the exception than the rule, but so far we're loving it. There are tons of shuls in my area and they cater to a broad cross-section of frum Jews. Shopping would be difficult if you don't have access to a car, but there is a great little store on avenue N and 36th that will deliver anything you need within a short amount of time. Houses on our block go for 900k and up. If you go deeper into MP prices are lower, but I don't know how much. I would reach out to Karen Behfar (she's a real estate agent who has a few current listings in MP). Best of luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries