Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Neighborhoods in Israel

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 10:08 pm
Where's a good neighborhood for a family of 5 with a Chofetz Chaim hashkafa?

Here are our main preferences:

- Affordable housing (purchase)
- Don't need a car
- At least some English speakers (we intend to learn Hebrew ASAP)
- Safety concerns are minimal

I would love to be in/near Jerusalem, but that might be too pricy, unless there are neighborhoods that are more affordable?

Thanks.

Another question, where can I find real estate listings?

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 8:11 am
Ramat Bet Shemesh. There are various shopping areas, that you can walk to or take bus or taxi.
Schools have vans if its not walkable.
Not sure what you mean by affordable. Any desirable area in Israel is expensive to purchase a house or apartment.
There never is going to be your exact hashkafa.
If you mean Anglo chareidi then RBS aleph and maybe rbs g2 can be good fits

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:00 am
Listings are generally city specific. First decide where you want to live, then we can give recommendations for realtors .

Www.aliyahrealty.com is a local RBS agent, although there are many more as well.

tree of life

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 11:13 am
I no two real estate people in ramet beis shemesh if they can help you happy to give you there number or help u with any other questions you need

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 11:34 am
I'm in RBS and I also know a great realtor. She specializes in Aleph, but can go out into other areas if needed.

She's a shark, and will get you the very best deal. Sellers can't hide anything from her, and she'll read the contracts with a fine tooth comb.

She can be abrupt, and a "Type A" personality, but she also has a side where she treats you like a mama bird and keeps you under her wing.

She'll hold your hand the first year that you are here, helping you with getting a mortgage, utilities hookup, government forms, dealing with different agencies, and researching schools. She even took me to the office where they issue bus cards. She's worth every shekel, and she doesn't charge more than any other agency in the area.

She's fluent in English, Hebrew, and French.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions