Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
What can adults eat in a car on longer trips....?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:05 am
What can adults eat in a car on longer trips, besides sandwiches and cut up veg, thats relatively neat?

mamma llama

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:06 am
Potato chips and chocolate bars - there is no age limit!

ETA if you mean meal food, then there is also beef jerky.

Last edited by mamma llama on Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:07 am
Hard boiled eggs, string cheese

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:12 am
Yogurt pouch, applesauce cups with a straw, you just poke a hole, cold cuts, chicken cutlets. Some of the things you just keep in the bag and eat out of the bag like the cutlets. Your hands don't have to get dirty because your just touching the bag not the piece of chicken, same with burgers and so on.
Have a safe trip!

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:13 am
Another vote for string cheese, we’ve done chips/pretzels and cream cheese. Veggies, sushi. Sandwich wraps

Frumme

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:20 am
Protein bars, fruits like bananas and clementines, cold cuts

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:21 am
Sushi

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:34 am
Eat well before the trip and have a cooler for the next meal. How long is the trip?
Veggie sticks are great. So are whole fruits.
Try to limit the heavy foods since you won’t be moving.

mirib

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:44 am
Tuna egg salad or even chicken wraps and you slice it

sky

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 1:08 am
Melba toast + cheese
Baby carrots + chummus
Whole wheat pretzels
Rice cakes
Whole wheat crackers
Popcorn
Gum
Muffins
Granola bars
Danishes

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 1:21 am
I find everything can be eaten neatly on roadtrips, so long as I'm not the driver while eating it. DH and I like to take salads. I eat mine while he's driving and he eats his while I'm driving.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 1:22 am
I wouldn't bring things that are smelly (tuna sandwiches) or hard to eat/peel (oranges).

How about sandwiches, cut up veggies, mini cukes or mini peppers, pretzels, gorp (some combination of raisins/craisins/peanuts/almonds/cashews/Chex cereal/M&Ms)?

Bananas are easy to eat on the go.

How long is the trip?

heidi

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 1:30 am
Cheese puffs!!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 2:24 am
Wow, everyone is suggesting lots of carbs.
There are so many other options, they just require a little thought and some preparation.
I do like vegetables dipped in flavored cream cheese. You can also flavor some light sour cream fir a really yummy dip. Onion soup mix comes to mind or Smoked salmon and chopped lox mixed in. The smoked salmon spreads the flavor better.

Moonlight

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 3:02 am
We always do sushi.

Teomima

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 3:13 am
Similar to sandwiches but still different is burritos/wraps. The nice thing is you can have every meal so well represented: breakfast burrito for the morning, veggie wrap with cheese or deli for lunch, loaded burrito for supper, or simple rice and beans for a snack. As long as you don't overstuff them they can be really easy to eat, even while driving.

I'm also a big fan of Kind nut bars, I find them really filling and energizing. But even plain nuts in general, for example we always keep almonds in the car for snacking, that and dried unsweetened mango.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 6:53 am
We pack salads in individual deli containers, (1 pound for chopped, 2 pound deep for salads with lettuce (with mini container inside of dressing) and manage just fine.

Skewers of all kinds work. As long as they they fit standing up in a 2 lb deli container.

Applesauce pouches. Natural fruit leather. Granola bars. Kind bars. Cereal bars. Cheese pastries. YoBars. Cheese snacks. Boxed cappuccino.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 8:01 am
Just made sandwiches for a road trip.
But also prep tuna, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, nuts. Canned veg. Pickles. (Bring zipper bags and can opener.) Olives, baby corn, etc.
Fruit.
Pretzels, crackers.
Nosh if and as needed.
Have a safe trip!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 11:58 am
Pretty much anything rolled in a tortilla.

Wrap it in a sandwich bag, so that the bottom of the tortilla is contained in the bottom of the bag while you eat. That way even if the tortilla breaks or something drips, you've got it wrapped up neatly. (I even do this while watching movies, so I don't drip in my lap, LOL)

Do a Pinterest search for "bento boxes". You'll find tons of cute and healthy ideas in there. I'm addicted to making bento now, it's so much fun! Very Happy (You don't really need the fancy box. Tupperware will work just as well, with paper cupcake wrappers to separate foods. The bento box is just part of the enjoyment.)

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 2:02 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Wow, everyone is suggesting lots of carbs.
There are so many other options, they just require a little thought and some preparation.
I do like vegetables dipped in flavored cream cheese. You can also flavor some light sour cream fir a really yummy dip. Onion soup mix comes to mind or Smoked salmon and chopped lox mixed in. The smoked salmon spreads the flavor better.

Live a little! She didn't ask what can adults eat in a car on longer trips that is carb free. It's a car trip for heaven's sake!
Now to answer your question with another question op: what can't adults eat in a car on longer trips? Wink

Have a wonderful and safe trip!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics