Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Schools Govt Funding for COVID

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 12:10 am
Besides for the PPP loan, what other funding and /or grants did schools and yeshivas get for COVID?
Is there a way to look up how much a specific school received?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 9:29 am
What is the purpose in knowing? There may be additional targeted grants, like the CARES act etc but it's used for things like procuring PPE, setting up distance learning infrastructure, meeting covid safety regulations, etc and can't be used to offset payroll to make people's tuitions lower. This is a common misconception in the world at large but those who work in school offices know there is no surplus of money and the schools are just money hungry asking parents to pay more than the school needs... Sorry for going on a soapbox.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 9:40 am
If you know which federal, state, and local agencies are giving out the funds, you can make a public records request to the agency to obtain records pertaining to a certain recipient and see what they are willing to give you. The Freedom of Information Act is the federal statute, and all 50 states have their own public records statutes.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 9:45 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
What is the purpose in knowing? There may be additional targeted grants, like the CARES act etc but it's used for things like procuring PPE, setting up distance learning infrastructure, meeting covid safety regulations, etc and can't be used to offset payroll to make people's tuitions lower. This is a common misconception in the world at large but those who work in school offices know there is no surplus of money and the schools are just money hungry asking parents to pay more than the school needs... Sorry for going on a soapbox.

Not why I was asking but thanks for the information

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 11:27 am
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
My kids’ school had to set up a hotline. What was an additional expense? We paid full tuition including the transportation that we usually pay out of pocket. I didn’t ask to pay less tuition but do feel resentful. I would love to understand more. I don’t think they’re money hungry but I wonder if they’d pass the savings on to me. We’re all struggling. Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries