Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where do you keep children's books?
Previous  1  2

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 2:27 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Books should be available in every room of the house. That's how you create readers.

Agreed. And many of us don’t have the luxury of a playroom.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 2:30 pm
In my living room are the Jewish books we read Friday night after candle lighting.

In his room are regular bedtime books.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 3:09 pm
Books are on a bookshelf in my family room/playroom. I keep.some Jewish books on my bookshelf with seforim.

LovetoLive

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 8:47 pm
I have a bookshelf in the living room near the couch for books.
Seforim go in the dining room bookshelf.
Each kid has a little shelf near their bed to keep books being read. Whenever I’m missing a library book I check under the beds first.
All books are family books. If a kid gets a book for a gift they get their name inside and it goes in the family bookshelf. When they get married they can take it if they want.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 9:07 pm
Our toy storage is all in the kids bedroom with 1 small bin of toys (rotates) in assorted other convenient locations (living room, laundry room, etc). So most of the books are on the bookshelf with the toys, but each bin has a few too.

You can give each kid 1 box (we use the bins from our kallax toy shelf) to fill with toys and books for their room. Every Sunday they return what they took and pick new ones. Also allows for more toy circulation- if kid 1 took a toy one week, then the next week kid 2 is excited to see it back in the playroom.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 9:26 pm
Board books in the playroom in a box

Books no one is reading right now on the playroom bookcase

Books the kids are reading in their rooms on these kiddie bookcases. I love them cuz they’re the same ones the preschools have (maybe everyone has them but I was excited to find them) https://www.homedepot.com/p/To.....17215

When we move I want to hang up gutters on the walls and line the walls with books. I saw a tutorial like that a while ago. It maybe crazy impractical tho if my 2 yo decides to just knock them all down.

Edit: my daughter with adhd has an ikea spice rack next to her bed where she keeps the books that she reads instead of sleeping. Don’t judge lol

pause

Post Thu, Jul 16 2020, 10:13 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
Our toy storage is all in the kids bedroom with 1 small bin of toys (rotates) in assorted other convenient locations (living room, laundry room, etc). So most of the books are on the bookshelf with the toys, but each bin has a few too.

You can give each kid 1 box (we use the bins from our kallax toy shelf) to fill with toys and books for their room. Every Sunday they return what they took and pick new ones. Also allows for more toy circulation- if kid 1 took a toy one week, then the next week kid 2 is excited to see it back in the playroom.

Such a cute idea. But my kids wouldn't exactly be happy with only the books and toys they chose on Sunday. The whole closet would be empty by the end of the week.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics