Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Cute Stories
Sad, sad moments...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 4:39 am
Can you beat this one?

I went to get a late-night snack of pretzels... when I discovered...
THE STORE SENT ME UNSALTED PRETZELS!

To whoever invented unsalted pretzels, that's worse than decaffeinated coffee. Please go back to the drawing board, thanks.

That was my sad, sad moment.

What's yours?

amother
Seashell

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 7:34 am
Left to the hospital at the crack of dawn for dc surgery. Brought along food I like as I was bored of the bikur cholim food already.
I didn’t really have much of an appetite while dc was in the OR so couldn’t eat & put it in bc rm fridge all the way in the back, I didn’t have a pen or marker to write my name though...
Finally at about 5 pm-6 pm after a few hours of trying to calm dc down post surgery I had a chance to head next door to the adjacent hospital building where the bc room is & my bag was GONE! I only hope that someone actually ate it, and it didn’t go to the garbage...

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 7:46 am
The frozen pizza we bought yesterday had "cheese" that wouldn't melt.

top mom

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 8:00 am
amother [ Seashell ] wrote:
Left to the hospital at the crack of dawn for dc surgery. Brought along food I like as I was bored of the bikur cholim food already.
I didn’t really have much of an appetite while dc was in the OR so couldn’t eat & put it in bc rm fridge all the way in the back, I didn’t have a pen or marker to write my name though...
Finally at about 5 pm-6 pm after a few hours of trying to calm dc down post surgery I had a chance to head next door to the adjacent hospital building where the bc room is & my bag was GONE! I only hope that someone actually ate it, and it didn’t go to the garbage...

That's sad
Sometimes it's those little things that come up while we're dealing with bigger challenges, that make us really sad. Hug
Refua sheleima to your dc

frum_lady

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 8:09 am
I keep a stash of white chocolate hidden for those super stressful moments... I stuck my hand in to get a piece - and there were was NONE left. 😫

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 8:15 am
My mom tried to lodge a hefty chunk of change in my Israeli bank account and the funds got frozen because of suspicion of money laundering. My mom went to the bank and explained she's not laundering money, her daughter is just a bit spoiled. Thanks mom....

daagahminayin

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 8:16 am
I went to get some ice cream for myself last night but there was NONE left!!!! - because I had finished it the night before...

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 9:22 am
I was in Bingo for the first time yesterday and I saw lox slices for 7.49 and I thought that it was a pretty good deal considering the size of the package. So I bought a pack for shalosh seudos. I was comparing my receipt to my receipt from last week at a different grocery and I see that the lox was 17.49!!! I am 99.99% sure the sign said 7.49 , But I’m not going to bother shlepping back and forth to check to see if my eyes played games on me or not. Now I know the lox won’t taste as good 😟

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 9:38 am
thunderstorm wrote:
I was in Bingo for the first time yesterday and I saw lox slices for 7.49 and I thought that it was a pretty good deal considering the size of the package. So I bought a pack for shalosh seudos. I was comparing my receipt to my receipt from last week at a different grocery and I see that the lox was 17.49!!! I am 99.99% sure the sign said 7.49 , But I’m not going to bother shlepping back and forth to check to see if my eyes played games on me or not. Now I know the lox won’t taste as good 😟

We had a price mistake at bingo. We emailed customer service for help, because we didn't want to go back to the store. You can try that.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 11:04 am
I was pregnant and really craving cheese fries. My husband came home from the pizza shop and inside the styrofoam container was...a tuna wrap. They gave him the wrong container. And I like tuna wraps, but that was not was I was in the mood for.

I may have been fighting back tears TMI
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics