Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Ellen Degeneres Why All The Hate?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 2:27 am
And is she getting divorced?

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 2:32 am
https://filmdaily.co/news/ellen-degeneres-divorce/ wrote:
What’s actually happening is absolutely nothing. Portia de Rossi was interviewed by Us Weekly and she confirmed that she and Ellen DeGeneres were doing just fine in their relationship. In fact, she was somewhat honored by being the next target of Hollywood divorce rumors saying, “Oh, now we’re finally accepted.”

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 2:35 am
I've read celebrity gossip for years about her being a nasty person IRL, especially to her employees. This type of gossip is usually true.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 2:38 am
It is kind of funny. Now that we got to meet all the funny hosts at home on youtube, some of the funnier ones are funny due to great writing and lesser funnier ones are much more likeable and actually funnier irl.

silverlining3

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 3:13 am
Aren't they like every now and then in the news about getting divorced?

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 3:26 am
What’s surprising?shes very mean to people on stage, but tries to make it seem funny.

sequoia

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 5:13 am
I think most successful people are mean.

malki2

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 5:26 am
Ellen Degenerate?

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 7:25 am
Iymnok wrote:
What’s surprising?shes very mean to people on stage, but tries to make it seem funny.

I agree. I always found her to have a mean streak in her but it was always laughed off because she’s supposed to be “funny”.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 8:01 am
For all that her brand is 'be kind to one another' she comes off as very snobby and mean spirited. I also find that she makes men into the butt of her joke quite often, in a demeaning s-xual way.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 10:53 am
sequoia wrote:
I think most successful people are mean.

Oh.kay.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 10:57 am
I didn’t find her mean for real. She’s rather witty and sarcastic.

frum_lady

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 10:58 am
There was that pic with her and President Bush... after that the media turned on her. She was always who she is now - this story with her and Pres Bush is the only difference.

Blessing1

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 10:59 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn’t find her mean for real. She’s rather witty and sarcastic.

I always thought she's mean and finds it funny to mock and make fun of people.
I think she abuses her employees.

Last edited by Blessing1 on Sun, Jul 19 2020, 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Learning

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:05 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
For all that her brand is 'be kind to one another' she comes off as very snobby and mean spirited. I also find that she makes men into the butt of her joke quite often, in a demeaning s-xual way.

I think she has a lot of unresolved issues about her s-xuality. She feels a release by degrading men and making them parade is tight shorts and putting her producer Andy down etc. she scares her guests and makes fun of people. She thinks she is kind and often does kind dids but she is sadistic a lot of the time. She looked so sweet when she was young but now she looks like an old disturbed mean zex offender.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:09 am
Like I said, I've been reading celebrity gossip for years, and it's an open secret that she is mean and nasty. It's an open secret in show biz, so to speak. Just like the rumors about Harvey Weinstein. It was open knowledge 15-20 years ago, so I wasn't shocked in the least when he went down.

Why is the media turning on her now? I think it's because some employees are speaking up and accusing the workplace at her show of being toxic and racist. There's a lot of coverage of this on Buzz Feed.

Learning

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:20 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:
Like I said, I've been reading celebrity gossip for years, and it's an open secret that she is mean and nasty. It's an open secret in show biz, so to speak. Just like the rumors about Harvey Weinstein. It was open knowledge 15-20 years ago, so I wasn't shocked in the least when he went down.

Why is the media turning on her now? I think it's because some employees are speaking up and accusing the workplace at her show of being toxic and racist. There's a lot of coverage of this on Buzz Feed.

It’s because she doesn’t pay them much now that they are out of work.

amother
Lemon

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:32 am
Let that be a warning to nasty bosses. Eventually you will have an employee disgruntled enough to be willing to be a whistle blower.

amother
White

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:53 am
amother [ Lemon ] wrote:

I think the hypocrisy of someone whose brand is one of being "kind" and who has more wealth than she could possibly spend in several lifetimes NOT helping long term employees is shocking. Many people I know who are far less wealthy than she is have continued to pay household employees whose services they aren't using during the pandemic. Not only would it be the equivalent of a restaurant meal to Degeneres but it would also be a tax deduction.

Of course, in the scheme of things I am more appalled by those in government who took advantage of the pandemic relief packages than that a rich person wasn't particularly charitable.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:55 am
She's crude and perverted.
Get off my kids' cereal boxes.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics