Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Nonsensical restaurant rules

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 3:38 am
Does this make sense to anyone? In my area restaurants are allowed 50% capacity seating inside. That means I can go out with 4 friends, all from different families and different homes and we can sit not social distancing at the same table. But since the restaurant is 50% capacity the immediate table next to us must be empty.

So why is it ok for us 5 to sit together but nobody can sit next to us? Put another way, if our group of 5 decides to split up, and 2 of us decide to move to another table, it will have to be to a table not immediately next to the original one. So the net result is that we are allowed to sit squished next to each other at the same table, but not in 2 groups at neighboring tables.

DrMom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 3:59 am
Sounds logical to me.

That way it is up to you to decide with whom you want to dine and share germs.

If you decide to sit with total strangers at your table, that's on you. The restaurant can't police the exact relationship between the members of each party that enters into their establishment.

They can ensure that you wont be seated next to people you are not okay sharing germs with by spacing the tables out.

As for why they can't combine tables: I don't know. Maybe the tables aren't so easy to move, and they don't want to start messing with the spacing.

Lots of restaurants can't have indoor seating at all now. Be glad they are finding a way to accommodate you.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 4:47 am
You can all decide to do a picnic at a park and share germs. Or drive to one person's backyard.

I mean the restaurant has no way of policing what types of groups come in. But I need to know if I come in with my DH your table will be FAR from mine.

banana123

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 5:28 am
LovesHashem wrote:
You can all decide to do a picnic at a park and share germs. Or drive to one person's backyard.

I mean the restaurant has no way of policing what types of groups come in. But I need to know if I come in with my DH your table will be FAR from mine.

Exacftly.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 7:32 am
I saw that a restaurant started selling chips with their drinks to get through the "No serving drinks without food" rule and they named them Cuomo Chips. Pretty creative Cool

amother
Linen

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
I saw that a restaurant started selling chips with their drinks to get through the "No serving drinks without food" rule and they named them Cuomo Chips. Pretty creative Cool

Came here to post this. I was ROFL it's hysterical!!!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/18.....KCIso
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics