Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Do you live in an area with more cases now? will you travel?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 12:24 am
Our area was spiking. Last week it was better. But its still more than the tri state etc. Nowhere near as bad as Florida, Texas, CA...

If you live in a similar area, would you travel to visit family in Lakewood, NY, etc?

They are asking us to come. My kids want to go. We were strictly distancing for months. Now we are letting some kids go to backyard camps. We would only be able to quarantine again before traveling for one week, not two.

I feel ideally if you live in a place with more cases, you shouldn't go to a place with fewer cases. But my kids have been home for 4 months, no camp til this week and they want to get away. So many ppl here plan on traveling to NY and Lakewood. My kids keep asking if we can go. It includes staying with family and attending a chasunah.

Thoughts?

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 12:38 am
Can you get rapid tests before going?

Teomima

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 12:48 am
You're concerned about traveling, but not about attending a wedding? Do you have any idea how many people have gotten sick from such events??

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 12:53 am
Teomima wrote:
You're concerned about traveling, but not about attending a wedding? Do you have any idea how many people have gotten sick from such events??

Calm down. I'm concerned about both. That's my point. Don't throw my question back at me.

Teomima

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 12:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Calm down. I'm concerned about both. That's my point. Don't throw my question back at me.

That didn't seem to be your point. You hardly bothered to mention the wedding as a reason for traveling, not till the very end of your post.

I think hosting and attending events such as weddings is very irresponsible in this day and age. If someone chooses to travel, and that's a risk they're willing to take for themselves (and the risk that poses for the family they're visiting), then fine. I wouldn't do it. But to risk exposure through travel AND a crowd at a wedding is extremely irresponsible in my opinion.

And, anon amother, I don't appreciate being told to "calm down."

lucky14

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 1:02 am
No I wouldn't. I don't think it's responsible. Not fair to put anyone else at risk. I still feel like people should be sticking around in their own cities as much as they can (unless it's some form of vacationing where you have limited contact with others).

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:07 am
We have been strictly social distancing, my kids have not gone back to school, we don't go anywhere indoors except things that are absolutely necessary, and my area has spiked. We are not traveling anywhere and definitely not attending weddings. Huge number of cases from weddings and events.
I cant control other people but I can control myself and my family.
I wouldn't travel anywhere right now.

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:38 am
I too would not travel anywhere. Can you appease your kids with day trips to outdoor places (hikes etc). I know it isnt the same but if youve all been home for so long than this is a step up ...Camping for a night or two?

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:19 am
My DH and I are considering renting an airbnb and car for bein hazmanim. We got married right before corona and I want a normal honeymoon. The plan would be disinfecting the car and air bnb very well, and doing outdoor tiyulim or anything that allow social distancing and we would wear masks.

I would NOT go to a wedding now.

DH is still really nervous to rent stuff but I need a vacation!!!!

My4Jewels

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:26 am
If you’re coming in from a hot spot you need to quarantine for 2 weeks when you would get here (ny/nj)

Testing before you go does not help. You can test negative and a few days later test positive.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:57 am
No, it's not a hot spot. It's just not Lakewood.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:41 am
Teomima wrote:
That didn't seem to be your point. You hardly bothered to mention the wedding as a reason for traveling, not till the very end of your post.

I think hosting and attending events such as weddings is very irresponsible in this day and age. If someone chooses to travel, and that's a risk they're willing to take for themselves (and the risk that poses for the family they're visiting), then fine. I wouldn't do it. But to risk exposure through travel AND a crowd at a wedding is extremely irresponsible in my opinion.

And, anon amother, I don't appreciate being told to "calm down."

Everyone here is going.
I'm the only one who cares to stop and think and wonder if it's responsible.
And you're yelling at me for asking? That's why I said calm down.

Be glad I'm not one of the people who just do whatever they want without asking.
And don't get mad at me for being anon. Most OPs are..

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:54 am
sorry Op, its a tough call

good for you for trying to walk it through and be thoughtful about your decision

certainly a challenging time for everyone

at least we can support one another

hugs and hatzlocha

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:58 am
I wouldn’t go. I live in a community where there are no cases so far, and I still am not going. It’s really hard, especially because I have two weddings and I’m being bullied about not going. But it makes it easier knowing that I’m doing the right thing. If I am the cause of a breakout in my community, or ch”v a death, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 8:04 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
I wouldn’t go. I live in a community where there are no cases so far, and I still am not going. It’s really hard, especially because I have two weddings and I’m being bullied about not going. But it makes it easier knowing that I’m doing the right thing. If I am the cause of a breakout in my community, or ch”v a death, I wouldn’t be able to live with myself.

My community current has one case where she got it work and they don't think they exposed anyone else. My community isn't what I'm talking about. Just my county had more cases and is going down.

If my community had it, there would be no question.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 8:06 am
I would go after quarantining for a week, and then only stay with family. Not to a wedding and not out and about.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 8:30 am
We are planning on taking a family road trip the middle/ end of august. Literally in the car and in the rental house. Our area is seeing a small uptick in cases but not an outbreak and we have literally been social distancing for months. My kids need to get away even for a few nights. I don’t think this is any more dangerous then taking them on outing around our city.

Teomima

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 9:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Everyone here is going.
I'm the only one who cares to stop and think and wonder if it's responsible.
And you're yelling at me for asking? That's why I said calm down.

Be glad I'm not one of the people who just do whatever they want without asking.
And don't get mad at me for being anon. Most OPs are..

I'm not yelling at you. I didn't shout, use capitols, name call, make assumptions about your emotional status, anything of the sort. In fact I find it interesting that you feel so defensive, perhaps you sense in your gut that going would be the wrong call and you feel attacked by me for pointing out the obvious concerns?

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 9:32 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My community current has one case where she got it work and they don't think they exposed anyone else. My community isn't what I'm talking about. Just my county had more cases and is going down.

If my community had it, there would be no question.

Ok, but are you ready to bring it back to your community?

little neshamala

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 9:36 am
OP please dont go. Its so wrong. The people in your community who are traveling to our community and possibly infecting people here are being irresponsible and wreckless.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics