Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Wearing white shirt- see through??
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:03 am
12 yr old Dd had to wear a white shirt for camp today. This morning was such a disaster trying to find a shirt that isn’t see through and that you don’t see the complete outline of her training bra. Experienced moms what does your dd do on white shirt days?? I wish schools and camps would stick to darker colors on these type of days!

Rappel

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:07 am
Double up?

weasley

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:09 am
Could she wear a white string vest under the shirt?

I'm not from the us and I feel like you probably have a dif name for it! So something like this -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HERMK.....28031

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:11 am
weasley wrote:
Could she wear a white string vest under the shirt?

I'm not from the us and I feel like you probably have a dif name for it! So something like this -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HERMK.....28031

Thanks ! We have a camisole like that but when she tried it on you see the straps as well. I’m trying to understand what do all girls that age do?
We tried with her wearing a shell underneath her shirt but she was so uncomfortable as well and it looked funny....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:13 am
Please post links or ideas of a store in Lakewood that sells a non see through white shirt for preteens. Ty

giselle

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:17 am
This is my pet peeve. Can’t stand when the girls have to wear white shirts or even worse white shells.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:19 am
giselle wrote:
This is my pet peeve. Can’t stand when the girls have to wear white shirts or even worse white shells.

Thanks for the validation!

giselle

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:21 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks for the validation!

I literally wonder what people are thinking when they ask girls that age to come to camp in a white shell.

cbg

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:22 am
Short sleeve or muscle tee aka sleeveless shell

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:23 am
Wear a nude color bra or camisole. It sounds counterintuitive, but white undergarments under white tops show through all the way.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:24 am
giselle wrote:
I literally wonder what people are thinking when they ask girls that age to come to camp in a white shell.

Well that’s exactly what was asked for my Dd to do! It was technically a white shirt but Dd claims all the girls said they will wear a white shell. Hence my question what shirt are your girl wearing?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:26 am
ra_mom wrote:
Wear a nude color bra or camisole. It sounds counterintuitive, but white undergarments under white tops show through all the way.

Thanks! Isn’t that embarrassing or “ weird” for the girls to wear nude undergarments?
I am having a hard time understanding all the underwritten rules for preteens!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks! Isn’t that embarrassing or “ weird” for the girls to wear nude undergarments?
I am having a hard time understanding all the underwritten rules for preteens!

Na, we bought beige colored half camisole/bralette type undergarments. They were the softest we could find and the color choices were nude or black, so we went with the beige. She didn't stand out at all with those in camp.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:45 am
ra_mom wrote:
Na, we bought beige colored half camisole/bralette type undergarments. They were the softest we could find and the color choices were nude or black, so we went with the beige. She didn't stand out at all with those in camp.

Thank you! Can you please post a link for what you are describing? Thanks!

zaq

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:55 am
Light-skinned women should always wear undergarments that are beige/nude/natural/skintone/whatever the current fashion term is for skin color, NOT white if they're wearing white clothing. White + white = blinding white. (Try putting a white sheet under your white tablecloth if you have a dark table--your cloth will look much whiter.) Skintone underclothes "disappear" unless the outer garment is very sheer, in which case the outer garment is "possul" anyway regardless of color.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:00 am
Take a men’s sleeveless undershirt like hanes.
The cotton is comfy and the straps are wide enough to cover bra straps

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you! Can you please post a link for what you are describing? Thanks!

We bought these instead of undershirts since they're butter soft and work better for growing teens. (Though they're not for someone who already needs lift support.)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....AYJ89

Once support is needed, and comfort is still necessary, we transitioned to these. Size XL for girls size 16. (They have padding that is removable).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q.....image

giselle

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:37 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Well that’s exactly what was asked for my Dd to do! It was technically a white shirt but Dd claims all the girls said they will wear a white shell. Hence my question what shirt are your girl wearing?

I find that even the nude bras or camisoles show through shells. Think about yourself, how hard it is to find a white tee that isn’t see through even with a nude bra. I have one thicker one for myself, but they’re hard to find. My daughter was able to get away with a white tee that was looser than a shell and didn’t wear anything underneath. But that’s not a great or long term solution. Button down shirts are easier because you can probably find ones that aren’t so thin, and they’re not clingy like shells (I’ll probably have to buy one this year for my daughter). But her camp specifically requested to wear a shell Rolling Eyes

pause

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:50 am
At graduation, we all wore white shells under our white shirts.

Blessing1

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:56 am
My girls wear either white polo shirts which are thick and not see through, or a white shell under the shirt.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children