Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidish community in Tampa Bay FL
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

gande

Post Tue, Nov 17 2020, 10:56 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
And now I’m turned off lol.

Wouldn’t wanna live in a community where people don’t welcome people who are a bit different like BTs and geirim. Oy.

Wait, maybe we can move there and make our own little block of bts and geirim!! It’s better to live with frum people who went through the same stuff we did and we can relate more to each other and not feel like a monkey in a cage when we’re asked questions for entertainment!! Once in a while (rarely) someone is genuinely impressed and literally welcome us into their families! We have 2 families that literally adopted us!!
Already I’ve been told 10-15 times to speak in front of a crowd and I always refused. I find that I’m much more open about my life here on ima than in real life where I feel like that....

I prefer to write a book someday instead when I’m done building a family, (or maybe I can write little by little as the time goes on.)
I’m too shy for public speaking

I’m dreaming, of course.
I would love to have you as a neighbor you are an incredible person. There is a ger who started public speaking after 20plus year because he saw there is a need for it and can help people (and make money). so take one day at a time and share what is comfortable for you. regarding Tampa, they are looking to only have chassidish in the development because people want to know they will have like minded neighbors and successful school. she did mention in an interview that they would like the other spectrums of religious groups to move into the surrounding area.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 12:01 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
And now I’m turned off lol.

Wouldn’t wanna live in a community where people don’t welcome people who are a bit different like BTs and geirim. Oy.

Generally, people who move out of town are more accommodating and accepting. I can't promise what the future will bring, but most people in the box will just stay in their stuffy brooklyn box and won't move out.

Just One

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 12:06 am
I don't think they're trying to be exclusive. They just need a more cohesive crowd to set up successful mosdos

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 1:58 am
Yeah alright. But then same old weird “I’m forced to talk to you” vibes would eventually start coming our way in no time hehe.

Once I was speaking to a lady from willi one of those shpitzel wearing, very frum like black tights kind, once about my geirus and how lucky we are to be Jewish and hashems holy children and right after I was done she raaaaaan out the room with her kid in her arms and looked clearly uncomfortable and just started acting unfriendly and cold towards me from then on
She wouldn’t even let me hold her kid when her kid cried and just downright avoided me

I wanted to apologize 🙈😳

Generally I do my best to avoid these very frum types...because like why would I endure that kind of reaction again?? It happened with 2 different people same type of frum and chasidish and the second one just gave me weird vibes like giving me weird looks most of the time and basically F OR C I N G herself to be “nice”.

Yeah. Not my type of crowd. I try to be friendly saying hi with a smile and obviously just acting friendly! But they’re so cold...so so reserved and I get unsettled, like I get this feeling “omg am I scaring her I should run and get outta here!”

And yes my husband and I are chasidish too but we at least try to and BH BH BH most of the time get along with everyone.

I funnily get along very well and I’m very comfy with people who wear shaitels like me. Either covered with a hat or band or uncovered like me.
Somehow I find them much more loving and accepting and more open. It’s funny and it’s just what I see and experienced.

Just One

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 8:10 am
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
Yeah alright. But then same old weird “I’m forced to talk to you” vibes would eventually start coming our way in no time hehe.

Once I was speaking to a lady from willi one of those shpitzel wearing, very frum like black tights kind, once about my geirus and how lucky we are to be Jewish and hashems holy children and right after I was done she raaaaaan out the room with her kid in her arms and looked clearly uncomfortable and just started acting unfriendly and cold towards me from then on
She wouldn’t even let me hold her kid when her kid cried and just downright avoided me

I wanted to apologize 🙈😳

Generally I do my best to avoid these very frum types...because like why would I endure that kind of reaction again?? It happened with 2 different people same type of frum and chasidish and the second one just gave me weird vibes like giving me weird looks most of the time and basically F OR C I N G herself to be “nice”.

Yeah. Not my type of crowd. I try to be friendly saying hi with a smile and obviously just acting friendly! But they’re so cold...so so reserved and I get unsettled, like I get this feeling “omg am I scaring her I should run and get outta here!”

And yes my husband and I are chasidish too but we at least try to and BH BH BH most of the time get along with everyone.

I funnily get along very well and I’m very comfy with people who wear shaitels like me. Either covered with a hat or band or uncovered like me.
Somehow I find them much more loving and accepting and more open. It’s funny and it’s just what I see and experienced.

That's horrible! Some people live in a very rigid box and get scared when their perceptions of how life should be is challenged.
I'm pretty sure that the Tampa crowd will be from the more open types. People who are ready to pick up and move away from the tristate need to have a certain amount of open-mindedness.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 9:02 am
Just One wrote:
That's horrible! Some people live in a very rigid box and get scared when their perceptions of how life should be is challenged.
I'm pretty sure that the Tampa crowd will be from the more open types. People who are ready to pick up and move away from the tristate need to have a certain amount of open-mindedness.

True heard some of those very chassidish people discuss this new community and said that it’s rachmana litzlon that frum Jewish people want to live in Florida.

Those who will move will definitely be more open minded and accepting.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Nov 18 2020, 12:06 pm
Just One wrote:

Oh, I got it. Thanks!!!

Yeah I think about it once in a while. I maybe scared her bc I said I’m a geyoires? Or she feels icky that I said
“We are so lucky that we’re holy jewish women who love hashem and his Torah! The chessed is mamash incredible and so is everything else BH!”

I was being friendly Sad treating her kindly even after she started treating me that way, like offering to help her with her bags when going down the steps with a baby in her arms.
Right away a very curt, quick “no I’m okay” and at that point I gave up but I looked back to make sure she didn’t trip on the steps with a baby in her arms and like 3-5 bags in her arms.
BH I left for home the moment we got downstairs bc the father of the children I was babysitting for was there and able to go home with his kids (there was a gas leak, or something, that’s why we were at that lady’s place in the first place)

Next morning I went to the mother of the children and I said “bythewayimsorryifimadeyour___uncomfortable.”
She’s like “it’s fine” after I told her what happened.

I’m quite sensitive and I read body language and facial expressions really well, BH. But sometimes it’s really uncomfortable to see that people don’t wanna talk to you but they’re talking to you anyway “just to be nice”

BH in bp people definitely talk to me more and are more friendlier and more idk....open?? I’m not sure how to phase it but I sense a difference between willi and bp.
We lived in willi for the first 7 1/2 MONTHS after our wedding. We’re now in bp ever since and I’m BH more relaxed and not overthinking about the words I speak or how I act.

I’m very affectionate and I was S H O C K E D at not seeing people hug amongst their mothers or daughters or even friends...

ONLY 2 women from my shul hug me here in BP and I cried the first time bc I missed those “friend hugs” 🙈😬😬😬
Theyre that second family who adopted us.

Yiddishetuter

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:23 pm
Hello,
It's been a while since anyone has posted on this thread. The community is located in Wimauma, Florida, which is about 45 minutes away from Tampa proper. We finally have a Cheder with a Melamud. Most of the boys are aged 5 or 6. There is a teacher for the girls, most of them are four or younger. There is a kosher grocery store. There are about 16 families here already, with about 20 more on the way.
As far as the Chassidus, there are all types here, and they are pretty relaxed. Many women work remotely, so they do have computers in their homes. The men have different jobs, some do trade work like electrician, and some do real estate.

If anyone is interested in coming down to check it out, the Rebbetzin does rent out houses for Shabbos, and you can contact her at info@bytampa.org

Yiddishetuter

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:27 pm
Hello,
It's been a while since anyone has posted on this thread. The community is located in Wimauma, Florida, which is about 45 minutes away from Tampa proper. We finally have a Cheder with a Melamud. Most of the boys are aged 5 or 6. There is a teacher for the girls, most of them are four or younger. There is a kosher grocery store. There are about 16 families here already, with about 20 more on the way.
As far as the Chassidus, there are all types here, and they are pretty relaxed. Many women work remotely, so they do have computers in their homes. The men have different jobs, some do trade work like electrician, and some do real estate.

If anyone is interested in coming down to check it out, the Rebbetzin does rent out houses for Shabbos, and you can contact her at info@bytampa.org

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 2:29 pm
Hashem_n_farfel, do you have 2 user names? This is so weird, when posts from Always LOL are quoted, it comes up as hashem_n_farfel, it's so weird.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 3:09 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
Hashem_n_farfel, do you have 2 user names? This is so weird, when posts from Always LOL are quoted, it comes up as hashem_n_farfel, it's so weird.

She changed her username. She's no longer hashem_n_farfel.

amother
Tulip

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 3:13 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
She changed her username. She's no longer hashem_n_farfel.

Oh, I didn't know that. Thanx for the explanation.

amother
Crystal

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 5:10 pm
The comments on that YouTube linked video seem concerning.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 7:04 pm
amother [ Crystal ] wrote:
The comments on that YouTube linked video seem concerning.

Ever been to Jackson ? non jews are gonna be non jews

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:26 pm
My family member was there for the weekend and is awestruck at the beauty, the sunshine and warmth, the pretty houses and the stunning sunsets. The community pool was a real treat. The atmosphere is one of a happy family. The Rebetzin prepared a beautiful chanukah party. There's a feeling of acceptance and camaraderie. Definitely a great place for young couples to consider moving to.

happyone

Post Sun, Dec 05 2021, 9:32 pm
If anyone currently LIVES theres as part of the community, please pm me. Thanks

Mom124

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 3:52 pm
We were looking into buying and being part of this community. All is not as simple as it seems. The Taussigs need to move out of Brooklyn and therefore decided to open a community, but it never picked up. As of right now, there are maybe 10 families, and the homes they advertized about never materialized. We almost lost our entire downpayment. If you are interested in this community, Please reach out to people who will give you honest advice. Its not all it seems to be.

amother
Tealblue

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 4:48 pm
Oh wow! Thanks for sharing. I think there is another chasidish community in the making in Orlando area

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 4:52 pm
I'd be interested to hear about the Orlando community of anybody has more info.
That sounds very intriguing. We've been to Orlando, and we were very impressed by the small Jewish community they have now, surrounding the Orlando Torah Center. They are so warm, and looking to grow.

Yiddishetuter

Post Wed, Dec 08 2021, 7:44 pm
[quote="Mom124"]We were looking into buying and being part of this community. All is not as simple as it seems. The Taussigs need to move out of Brooklyn and therefore decided to open a community, but it never picked up. As of right now, there are maybe 10 families, and the homes they advertized about never materialized. We almost lost our entire downpayment. If you are interested in this community, Please reach out to people who will give you honest advice. Its not all it seems to be.[/quote

I live in the community. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you, not all communities are for everyone. You almost loosing your down payment has nothing to do with the the Taussigs . There was a different location that they WERE going to start something, it didn't work out. Being that this community started less than a year ago, we already have 17 families, with 20 more that I know of on the way. I'd say thats pretty good.

Orlando isn't happening. It's been talked about for years. We already have a Cheder and a kosher grocery.
Please speak to people who live in the community. Come visit, then decide for yourself.
Page 4 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating