Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Pandemic ebt
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Sewsew_mom

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:02 am
We randomly got a card for one child in the mail. But it had roughly $1200 on it.
Is it for one child for the past 3 months? Or is it for all my 3 children that qualify but are actually in diff schools..?
So weird but cool at the same time!

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 3:38 am
ddmom wrote:
https://www.nj.gov/humanservices/njsnap/pebt.shtml

Thank you for this website.
It clearly says that more than one child’s benefits might be linked to the same card.
It explains that this really has nothing to do with your income. It’s based on how the school files for their lunch program. (Which explains why I didn’t receive a card for one child who goes to a different school...)

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:12 am
I received a card in the mail for 1 child which surprised me, because I've never been eligible for free/reduced lunch. I'm wondering why I received it.

keym

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:15 am
Chayalle wrote:
I received a card in the mail for 1 child which surprised me, because I've never been eligible for free/reduced lunch. I'm wondering why I received it.

Bais Faiga is eligible for Universal Lunch Program. I believe all children in Bais Faiga are eligible.
I got a card under my Bais Faiga child's initial with money for all my children who are in primary and up.
Was I supposed to get for my preschool kids?

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:25 am
keym wrote:
Bais Faiga is eligible for Universal Lunch Program. I believe all children in Bais Faiga are eligible.
I got a card under my Bais Faiga child's initial with money for all my children who are in primary and up.

Did you get money for kids not in Bais Faiga?
I got for my girls in bf and son in the Cheder but not for a child in another school.

keym

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:27 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Did you get money for kids not in Bais Faiga?
I got for my girls in bf and son in the Cheder but not for a child in another school.

Yes. I only have one child in BF, and my others that I got for are not in the Cheder either.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:31 am
keym wrote:

That's so interesting, I didn't know. Thanks for the response.

I got lunches thru BF/Cheder which they said you didn't have to be "eligible" for, it was for all kids thru age 18.

Now I'm wondering - the card says to activate the card you need the birthdate of the oldest child participating in the program. When I got the lunches, I was getting them for child in BF plus my older child, who recently turned 19 so is no longer eligible for lunches but was back when I was getting the lunches.

So now, I'm wondering whose birthday I use - older child's or child in BF.

keym

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:32 am
Chayalle wrote:
That's so interesting, I didn't know. Thanks for the response.

I got lunches thru BF/Cheder which they said you didn't have to be "eligible" for, it was for all kids thru age 18.

Now I'm wondering - the card says to activate the card you need the birthdate of the oldest child participating in the program. When I got the lunches, I was getting them for child in BF plus my older child, who recently turned 19 so is no longer eligible for lunches but was back when I was getting the lunches.

So now, I'm wondering whose birthday I use - older child's or child in BF.

Who's first initial is on the card?
That's the kid's birthday.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:39 am
keym wrote:
Who's first initial is on the card?
That's the kid's birthday.

Thanks, makes sense. Initial is child from BF.

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:43 am
keym wrote:
Yes. I only have one child in BF, and my others that I got for are not in the Cheder either.

Oh well... I guess I’m missing for one child.
I picked up a food box this week so I guess beggars can’t be choosy...
happy with this surprise money

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:09 am
Did people NOT get their special cards yet? I havent.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 9:18 am
I live in Monsey and have not gotten. I think I'm not eligible (a little bit over the amount). Not sure if the school is?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 3:06 pm
I thought it doesn't have to do with if the individual is eligible -- it goes by if the school has the program?

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 6:08 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
I thought it doesn't have to do with if the individual is eligible -- it goes by if the school has the program?

That is correct.
As long as the school participated in the lunch program all the families from the school received regardless of any eligibility.
I don’t think we are eligible for food stamps but I received money for 3 of my 4 children. The one child who I did not get a card for attends a school that doesn’t participate in the lunch program.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 6:36 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
That is correct.
As long as the school participated in the lunch program all the families from the school received regardless of any eligibility.
I don’t think we are eligible for food stamps but I received money for 3 of my 4 children. The one child who I did not get a card for attends a school that doesn’t participate in the lunch program.

I don't really think this is accurate!
There's 2 condition for receiving the card:
1- your school must have a lunch program
(My girls do not get lunch in school, we didn't receive anything for them!)
2- you must be income eligible. We don't get food stamp all year but we do fill out a lunch form every year that we give to the school and we are eligible for free lunches. Depending on your income you can get free or reduced fee lunches. The amount on the card reflects that.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 6:50 pm
Free or reduced lunches made children eligible for the card. In some schools, due to a high percentage of low income everyone in the school is eligible, but in most schools, it's done by family income.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 6:53 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
Did people NOT get their special cards yet? I havent.

I haven't. I send to BYBP and have not received. I wonder if they were late in submitting their students' information. Or if NY was just overwhelmed with the 2k students.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Aug 27 2020, 6:56 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I don't really think this is accurate!
There's 2 condition for receiving the card:
1- your school must have a lunch program
(My girls do not get lunch in school, we didn't receive anything for them!)
2- you must be income eligible. We don't get food stamp all year but we do fill out a lunch form every year that we give to the school and we are eligible for free lunches. Depending on your income you can get free or reduced fee lunches. The amount on the card reflects that.

Our school said that since more than half of their students are income eligible, NY pays for the entire student body lunches, even those who are not income eligible. Same for this pandemic program. And that every parent from the school could expect to receive.

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:10 pm
Bump any update?

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 10:15 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
Bump any update?

What’s your question?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics