Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is it also hard for you? Is it just me?
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 6:12 am
I've had my periods in life where it was hard to connect, and I can't say it's easy shmeezy every day. But I guess I'm on of those who have it easier. Shira Smiles had a series on birchas hashachar in Mishpacha. The last week, there was a page with a synopsis of each bracha, with a variety of possible kavanos to have during the bracha. I wish I could find it, someone might enjoy it.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 6:28 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I grew up in a normal (define normal), regular chassidish environment went to a chassidish school married chassidish yet it's very hard for me to daven. I've been talking about it with my husband and he has been helping me but it's hard for me to put down my book or my phone and say some tehillim etc.. anyone in the same boat? What gets you going? What gets you to say tehillim?

I find tehillim very calming. It gives me a sense of whose really in charge . I kinda let go of my troubles when I really connect. And tehillim is so much easier/faster than davening. Davening is something I also struggle with (or rather, simply don't do). Tehillim can be said one perek at a time, you can even stop at any pasuk if need be. Start slowly. Rome wasn't built in one day.

1ofbillions

Post Mon, Aug 03 2020, 6:36 am
I think extroverts tend to have a harder time connecting to tefillah than introverts, because it is essentially an introverted task. It's kind of a form of meditation.

As an introvert who thank God received a great education in terms of the meaning of the words of tefillah, I connect to it sometimes. Some days I'll wake up feeling awful and I'll know - my soul is hungry, I need to feed it by connecting to God. Other days I'm just not in that zone, and I don't force myself to be, because then prayer would be associated with obligation in my mind, and I would stop appreciating it.

I've found the Artscroll interlinear siddur to be really great. Understanding the meaning of the words you are saying alters the experience completely. I know the format of that siddur gives some people a headache, but I recommend giving it a try.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics