Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O Is it weird to always...same color - Signature Color?

Do you have a signature color (for clothing)?
Yes  
 20%  [ 8 ]
No  
 30%  [ 12 ]
I have a few  
 35%  [ 14 ]
No clue - I'm going to check my closet now!  
 15%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 40

mamma llama

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:44 pm
(This is a spin-off of the thread discussing if it's weird to wear only one color.)

I have clothing in lots of different colors, but without even realizing, I ended up with a higher ratio of greens. I guess that makes green my signature color Smile (I think subconsciously I decided that color looks best with complexion...!)

What color would you call your signature color, and do you have a specific reason for choosing that color over others?

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 3:43 pm
Just lots of color!

cnc

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 4:17 pm
Gray
I look good in it and somehow I always gravitate to it

amother
Oak

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 4:20 pm
I look good in pastel blues, purples, teals, and pinks. All my clothing are those colors, with the heaviest being blues.

I know a tv show where the main character is always wearing white and it is part of what makes her look wealthy/classy

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 4:22 pm
I wouldn't call it a "signature" color unless you wore it all the time, no exceptions. Otherwise, it's just your favorite color or your favorite fashion color or your main wardrobe color for now. Calling something your "signature" anything strikes me as too pretentious for words.

People are attracted to certain colors, or think they look better on them, so there's no big surprise if there's a preponderance of those colors in their closet. As a brown-eyed brunette, in my younger, unenlightened days I wore a lot of beige-ecru-brown to match. Then one day I looked in a mirror while wearing a beige outfit, and noticed that my beige face pretty much disappeared into the dress. From that day on I never bought an outfit in that color family, and eventually got rid of every earth-toned item I owned.

Green used to be my favorite color so I had a lot of it in my wardrobe post the earth-tones stage. Then my dd developed a liking for turquoise and I got used to seeing the color. Over time I acquired a lot of turquoise: you buy a skirt in the color and then you see a blouse here and a T-shirt there and then a sweater there that will go with it, and now that you have three turquoise tops you buy another turquoise skirt and a scarf and jacket...and that's how it goes.

Of course I have lots of black--doesn't everyone?-- because it goes with almost everything.

Eventually turquoise will be hard to find and over a number of years I'll segue into another color. It'll really depend on what's available in stores.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 10:33 pm
The concept of a signature color is from color typing systems that help you find the colors that look best on you. These type of systems were more popular in the 80s and 90s, but you still find people blogging about them today. A signature color means a color that makes your spirits lift whenever you see it, that you just naturally love and wear often. For me that’s blue. I own a lot of blue clothes and will often add a subtle blue accessory to my outfit if it doesn’t already have blue.)

(I’m the poster from the other thread who first used the term on that thread. I don’t think of it as a pretentious expression at all! It’s a fun expression used by people who like color and aren’t boring!)

ETA: the server is on point again!

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 10:56 pm
I voted no.
I wear black, blues, pinks, and purples. That's what I look good in.
Mostly black and blue.
Also have a top that's green.

amother
Taupe

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:18 pm
I voted no but after reading the responses maybe I should have said yes. I wear a disproportionate amount of black and white. More than specific color, though, I tend towards more bold prints and colors. Not colorful, persay, but I can't pull off a toned down, or washed out color. It just looks faded on me.

Frumme

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 1:18 am
I have a few! I found that I look good in "jewel tones" like sapphire blue and emerald green. At one point I ended up with a lot of blue... DH saw me one day and mentioned playfully how I was a "blueberry" again. After that I made sure to add more greens, purples, and reds! Lol

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 1:26 am
For me it’s reds in all different tones
Burgundy, red, fuchsia, I love the color
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics