Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
We need a new game here! Question me!
  Previous  1  2  3 101  102  103 216  217  218  Next

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:15 am
ExtraCredit wrote:
Hang noy succah, bake challah and cake, cook fish and sides, laundry, clean, some errands.
Do you think 40 hours is enough?

Delegate. You don't have to do everything yourself

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:16 am
I don't step into sukkah. MEN'S DEPT.

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:19 am
My bucher made beautiful miniatures few years ago but claims he is not responsible to set it up, just because he created them. Last year, we had to manage on own because he was away for Tishrei. Before that, it was his domain. This year, as long as he is home, I expect him to pitch in.

Ima Piano

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 8:33 am
Wow dankbar your really geshikt!!

No question? Ok

How many wigs do you have

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:24 am
Ima Piano wrote:

No question? Ok

How many wigs do you have

4. One is on its way out. My shaitel macher wanted me to get a new one now, but I wasn't ready. One I reserve for special occasions so hardly use it. One I got for my sons Bar Mitzvah which is quite a stretch so will see how long it will still last.

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 9:26 am
[quote="Ima Piano"]Wow dankbar your really geshikt!!

Nah! I feel like a slow poke, still recovering. Doh came to be me mevaker cholim yesterday. They asked me if they can get me something.
Happens to be that I needed ingredients but I don't go out. Should I have used her as my shik yingel to go to grocery?
My mil claims that I should ask them to send me the whole yom tov from Pomegranate & pay for it, since I am sick so I can't cook.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 10:46 am
[quote="dankbar"]
Ima Piano wrote:

Nah! I feel like a slow poke, still recovering. Doh came to be me mevaker cholim yesterday. They asked me if they can get me something.
Happens to be that I needed ingredients but I don't go out. Should I have used her as my shik yingel to go to grocery?
My mil claims that I should ask them to send me the whole yom tov from Pomegranate & pay for it, since I am sick so I can't cook.

Yes you should’ve! They made you crazy enough so why not make them crazy too.
Of course my list is with delegation already. But I need to supervise what hangs where in the succah. If I don’t want it to hurt my eyes all Yom tov.
Are you having or being a guest for a meal on succos?

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 11:43 am
ExtraCredit wrote:

Are you having or being a guest for a meal on succos?

I'm getting asked that a lot, and I'm like "What part of LOCK DOWN don't you understand?" I wish I could go to someone, but I will be alone, just like Pesach and Rosh Hashanah.

If you found a lizard in your house, would you freak out, think it was cute, or just leave it alone so it would eat bugs?

WitchKitty

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:10 pm
I would think it was cute. It'll find my house boring and go away after awhile.

How do I convince the exterminator to come back and respray?? (when I told him I had to kill a roach a month after he came he said, why?? if you would have just left it it would have died on it's own!)

ChanieMommy

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:16 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I'm getting asked that a lot, and I'm like "What part of LOCK DOWN don't you understand?" I wish I could go to someone, but I will be alone, just like Pesach and Rosh Hashanah.

If you found a lizard in your house, would you freak out, think it was cute, or just leave it alone so it would eat bugs?

I would not freak out, but try to get it out of my house... I guess the same way I do with insects, with a little bucket and hold something underneath...

Do you think this would work?
Do you have to be quick to do it?

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 12:25 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Yes you should’ve! They made you crazy enough so why not make them crazy too.

They did a home visit because they claimed I didn't pick up their calls! Ha!
They called me million times & I spoke to them some times. She said oh! Sorry! Thanks for listening to me!
Today I got another call, that if I don't pick up or return the call, they will make a home visit again!
At least someone is keeping busy!
Should I give them to wash my floors too, since my cleaning lady is not coming, while I am quarantining?

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:40 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

There’s no lockdown in NY currently and many immediate families are mingling. Like parents in the 40’s who have young couples. Especially those who had the virus already.
I’m sorry that you’ll be alone Sad
Wish I can visit you for a bit. With a hazmat suit, of course.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 1:41 pm
dankbar wrote:
They did a home visit because they claimed I didn't pick up their calls! Ha!
They called me million times & I spoke to them some times. She said oh! Sorry! Thanks for listening to me!
Today I got another call, that if I don't pick up or return the call, they will make a home visit again!
At least someone is keeping busy!
Should I give them to wash my floors too, since my cleaning lady is not coming, while I am quarantining?

Of course you should’ve.
And how extremely dumb are they that they actually came down to your house while you’re in quarantine? Do they really want to get sick?

ChanieMommy

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 2:05 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Of course you should’ve.
And how extremely dumb are they that they actually came down to your house while you’re in quarantine? Do they really want to get sick?

They came in a hazmat suit... or at least with a proper mask (N95)

Do you think Covid-19 should have free rein to circulate?

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 3:47 pm
ChanieMommy wrote:
They came in a hazmat suit... or at least with a proper mask (N95)

Do you think Covid-19 should have free rein to circulate?

Covid-19 is the biggest mechutzef I met in my lifetime, and it doesn’t give a flying ferret what I think.
Did you hear the expression flying ferret before FF mentioned it?

dankbar

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 4:49 pm
No.

This reminds me of my girlie, when we were locked in, in the winter, we kept saying Corona is going around. So when we finally went out, she wanted to catch the Corona that's running around in the streets. Put him into jail.

Are kids ever innocent & cute?
Do you find little kids innocent & cute? Anything cute, you heard from their mouths?

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:19 pm
dankbar wrote:
No.

This reminds me of my girlie, when we were locked in, in the winter, we kept saying Corona is going around. So when we finally went out, she wanted to catch the Corona that's running around in the streets. Put him into jail.

Are kids ever innocent & cute?
Do you find little kids innocent & cute? Anything cute, you heard from their mouths?

Hard to find one that I didn’t share IRL yet. Oh just this week in the bath my little one ran to the other end of the tub when the water went down for fear of going down the drain along with the water. Do they really think they fit into those tiny holes?
What did you accomplish for Yom tov today?

ChanieMommy

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:28 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Hard to find one that I didn’t share IRL yet. Oh just this week in the bath my little one ran to the other end of the tub when the water went down for fear of going down the drain along with the water. Do they really think they fit into those tiny holes?
What did you accomplish for Yom tov today?

I did all the baking & desserts I don't want to do tomorrow...
challot (just for first days), honey muffins, apple strudel (3, one of them already eaten), babka, chocolate meringues as a by-product to use unused egg whites, and apple sauce (but won't be enough, I need to do more & prune compote)

Will you cook fresh on 2. day yom-tov?

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:32 pm
ChanieMommy wrote:
I did all the baking & desserts I don't want to do tomorrow...
challot (just for first days), honey muffins, apple strudel (3, one of them already eaten), babka, chocolate meringues as a by-product to use unused egg whites, and apple sauce (but won't be enough, I need to do more & prune compote)

Will you cook fresh on 2. day yom-tov?

Whatever I cooked and froze I did for all of Yom tov already. But I’ll need to bake again and cook the stuff I don’t freeze.
What part of Yom tov do you enjoy most? and least?

ChanieMommy

Post Thu, Oct 01 2020, 5:44 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Whatever I cooked and froze I did for all of Yom tov already. But I’ll need to bake again and cook the stuff I don’t freeze.
What part of Yom tov do you enjoy most? and least?

Most: Hallel (but no singing in shul because of mechutzef), building & decorating sukka, seudot (with singing!?!), being together, sleeping, sitting in sukkah with warm & dry weather
Least: last-minute against the clock, clearing table, sukkah in rain or cold, dismantling the sukkah..

Is there enough place for men and women in your sukkah, or do you have to split up?
Page 102 of 218   Previous  1  2  3 101  102  103 216  217  218  Next Recent Topics