Home

We need a new game here! Question me!
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

birdie1

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 8:24 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Nope! We have some time... Smile

What's your opinion on a girl marrying a boy younger than her?

I think it depends on their personalities.

Do you check the news daily?

happytobemom

Post Sun, Oct 30 2022, 10:06 pm
birdie1 wrote:
I think it depends on their personalities.

Do you check the news daily?

Nah, not usually interested. Certainly stay away from any politics. Anything that may interest me, my husband knows to tell me!

What's your advice for an almost 4 year old who still sucks a pacifier, not only in bed?
(Please don't say - just throw it out!)

birdie1

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 6:24 pm
happytobemom wrote:
Nah, not usually interested. Certainly stay away from any politics. Anything that may interest me, my husband knows to tell me!

What's your advice for an almost 4 year old who still sucks a pacifier, not only in bed?
(Please don't say - just throw it out!)

Hmm.. I don't have much experience. My babies refused the paci as much as I tried to give it to them. I'd say wean him gently. Let him have it a little bit less every night. And bribe him with something he really wants. Good luck.

Which brings me to my question: do you think the convenience of having a baby calm him/herself with a paci is worth the angst of weaning a big toddler off of it later on? (Something I always wondered. No judgement here)

happytobemom

Post Mon, Oct 31 2022, 10:12 pm
birdie1 wrote:
Hmm.. I don't have much experience. My babies refused the paci as much as I tried to give it to them. I'd say wean him gently. Let him have it a little bit less every night. And bribe him with something he really wants. Good luck.

Which brings me to my question: do you think the convenience of having a baby calm him/herself with a paci is worth the angst of weaning a big toddler off of it later on? (Something I always wondered. No judgement here)

Good question. Not sure. This is my only child who sucked a paci long term.
My oldest did and then dropped it at 6 months. I was not happy about it, he had nothing to self soothe! But of course once he got older I was thrilled he had nothing.
I have one thumb sucker - and she's too old for me to mention her age and still sucking Can't Believe It
Since then, I push the pacifier more for babies - I always, say, eventually the pacifier goes in the garbage. You can never throw out the thumb or fingers!
So I guess I'd say yes, it's kedai. Most babies need some sort of pacifier - in the literal sense!
My youngest who still has the paci very much needed it. I don't regret letting her have it for the first 2 years. Sure, now I want it gone, but it was kedai what it helped both her and me with!

What did you eat for supper tonight?
Page 216 of 216   Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 214, 215, 216 Recent Topics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h