Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
We need a new game here! Question me!
  Previous  1  2  3 216  217  218  Next

happytobemom

Post Sat, Dec 17 2022, 7:32 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Yes, except for one who was born in a different country.

Do all your daughters attend the same school and sons, the same cheder/yeshiva?

My elementary school daughters are all in the same school, my younger goes to a separate preschool. My boys used to be in the same cheder, the older one is now in mesivta so they're not together anymore.

What is your favorite part of Chanukah?

birdie1

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 8:31 pm
Family time, good food, giving (and receiving 😉) gifts

Are you doing anything special tonight?

happytobemom

Post Mon, Dec 19 2022, 12:58 am
birdie1 wrote:
Family time, good food, giving (and receiving 😉) gifts

Are you doing anything special tonight?

I played dreidel with my kids, sang and played piano, make latkes, and later went to a bar mitzvah!

Do you see your children's upbringing/childhood as the same or different than your own? How so?

birdie1

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 7:23 pm
happytobemom wrote:
I played dreidel with my kids, sang and played piano, make latkes, and later went to a bar mitzvah!

Do you see your children's upbringing/childhood as the same or different than your own? How so?

Different in that my husband and I are less old school I guess. They're definitely more spoiled than we ever were.

Do you ever look at ur kid and are like omg he/she is totally me!

GLUE

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:33 pm
birdie1 wrote:
Different in that my husband and I are less old school I guess. They're definitely more spoiled than we ever were.

Do you ever look at ur kid and are like omg he/she is totally me!

yes one of my daughters

How do you get your kids clean up after themself?

MamaLlama18

Post Mon, Jan 16 2023, 11:45 pm
I bribe them with nosh

How would your ideal adult self handle a toddlers annoying tantrum

rachelli66

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 2:13 am
I would just make sure the child is in no danger to himself (because he is crying or screaming, he shouldn't fall down the steps, shouldn't bang his head on the floor). every few minutes just ask him if I can help. Basically to let him cry it out.

As we are getting closer to Pesach, do you ever say ''I should have had this room cleaned already''? (dealing with rooms that you know have no Chametz like the Garage, or laundry room)

Tof Umachol

Post Tue, Jan 17 2023, 3:56 am
No. I start cleaning for Pesach after Purim.
(Various "sorting and organizing" projects around the house I do when I can, and do not consider them related to Pesach.)

If you have had a parent pass away, do you find that the yahrzeits get easier with time?

rachelli66

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 4:55 pm
This is a loaded question. Certain things get easier. My father zl' is gone quite a few years. In the beginning was really hard. Now it's a Yahrzeit to go to the kever , speak about our Dad and Zeidy. My Mom is gone just a bit and it just feels so hard and sad. I assume when it becomes a few more years the ache might be less. For now, it's there.

Do you have any close friends that you have a monthly outing with for pleasure?

simcha4

Post Tue, Mar 21 2023, 7:16 pm
rachelli66 wrote:
This is a loaded question. Certain things get easier. My father zl' is gone quite a few years. In the beginning was really hard. Now it's a Yahrzeit to go to the kever , speak about our Dad and Zeidy. My Mom is gone just a bit and it just feels so hard and sad. I assume when it becomes a few more years the ache might be less. For now, it's there.

Do you have any close friends that you have a monthly outing with for pleasure?

Firstly: dear Rachelli66, welcome aboard Imagames. We're so glad that you joined us. Smile Happy playing.
You wrote in another game that your dear mother was niftar recently. I wanted to reach out to you there, but it was quite a few posts later when I joined the game and noticed it.
So, you're probably in the year of aveilus now?
It pained me so much to read about your loss. I had tears in my eyes. I know how it feels when a parent is niftar. My dear father was niftar suddenly when I was 20. May your mother be a meilitzah yosher for your whole family. And may Hashem Give you the strength to bear the pain and ease it for you.

Tof Umachol: Re your Q about yahrzeits: Like Rachelli66 wisely said, in the beginning it's really hard, then it does get easier. I'm not fortunate to go the kever of my dear father, z"l, on his yahrzeit, since he is not buried in the country I live in. I'll just say this, it's a couple of decades since my father was niftar, it did get easier on the yahrzeits, and then suddenly the last 7-8 years the yahrzeits became very painful for me again. Perhaps you and Rachelli66 can pm me your wise advice why this happened? I'll appreciate it. TIA.

May we only have simchas to share, be"H.

Back to this game:
No.

Besides the Covid year, did you ever make the Seder at home with just your husband and children?

rachelli66

Post Wed, Mar 22 2023, 6:33 pm
Yes we have been doing it for years. Our children are now adults so now we have along with our marrieds, the grandchildren.

Have you ever felt a need to travel to certain Countries mainly for teaching your
children about the Jewish history that was there?

GLUE

Post Wed, May 03 2023, 6:15 pm
rachelli66 wrote:
Yes we have been doing it for years. Our children are now adults so now we have along with our marrieds, the grandchildren.

Have you ever felt a need to travel to certain Countries mainly for teaching your
children about the Jewish history that was there?

No

What special thing do you do for Shavous?

rachelli66

Post Thu, May 04 2023, 2:55 am
I have been trying to listen to speakers teach about Megillas Rus. (Through Torah Anytime).
A couple years ago we had Rabbi Lazer Broide teach and it was amazing. These are Megillos I never really learned in school. (Rabbi Broide has his own Wednesday Night podcast).
Of course a No Bake Cheesecake makes Torah Learning for the family a special treat.

Speaking of Torah Anytime, if you listen (or not) who is a speaker you really enjoy listening to?

simcha4

Post Sun, May 07 2023, 8:04 am
rachelli66 wrote:
I have been trying to listen to speakers teach about Megillas Rus. (Through Torah Anytime).
A couple years ago we had Rabbi Lazer Broide teach and it was amazing. These are Megillos I never really learned in school. (Rabbi Broide has his own Wednesday Night podcast).
Of course a No Bake Cheesecake makes Torah Learning for the family a special treat.

Speaking of Torah Anytime, if you listen (or not) who is a speaker you really enjoy listening to?

Rav David Ashear, shli"ta - daily emunah. Each word of his is a pearl of wisdom. Hs shiurim have made a big impact on my view of life. B"H.

Do you prefer to go to your parents for Shabbos/Yom Tov when some of your other married siblings are also staying there, or when no other sibs. are there, so you, your family can get all the attention?

GLUE

Post Thu, May 11 2023, 11:58 pm
simcha4 wrote:
Rav David Ashear, shli"ta - daily emunah. Each word of his is a pearl of wisdom. Hs shiurim have made a big impact on my view of life. B"H.

Do you prefer to go to your parents for Shabbos/Yom Tov when some of your other married siblings are also staying there, or when no other sibs. are there, so you, your family can get all the attention?

I am at the stage of life were my parents\in-laws come to me, it's to much to go to them.

Do you find Shavous easier because it's only 1-2 days then Peasch and Sukkous?

ap

Post Fri, May 12 2023, 4:38 am
Yes definitely,

Do you cook fancy for yom tov or prefer traditional?

happytobemom

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 12:14 pm
ap wrote:
Yes definitely,

Do you cook fancy for yom tov or prefer traditional?

Pretty traditional. here and there I'll try to find something new to change things, but even then not too fancy.

Do you take vitamins on a regular basis? What kind?

SG18

Post Mon, Jun 26 2023, 6:18 pm
I've started taking calcium with VIT d. For my teeth.

What is your favorite novel?

Tof Umachol

Post Wed, Jul 19 2023, 6:54 am
SG18 wrote:

What is your favorite novel?

I don't have a specific favorite, but I do have some authors I come back to again and again, such as: Anne Tyler, Amy Tan, Anna Quindlen, Anita Shreve, Emma Donoghue.

How do you relax?

ap

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 9:22 pm
Read imamother ☺

How many close friends do you have
Page 217 of 218   Previous  1  2  3 216  217  218  Next Recent Topics