Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Can I ask for refund or return?
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:21 pm
I bought a dress online that fits me well and I love it. While I was opening the box I by mistake cut into the dress and made a little slit at the top. Whenever I buy clothing theyre always in a plastic or wrapped in a paper this had nothing.
I can try to sew it up but it wont look the same and this dress was not cheap...
Is it wrong to complain about it and ask to have returned or refunded?

giselle

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:25 pm
If you’re honest about what happened you can certainly try, but I’d be surprised if they’ll accept it..

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I bought a dress online that fits me well and I love it. While I was opening the box I by mistake cut into the dress and made a little slit at the top. Whenever I buy clothing theyre always in a plastic or wrapped in a paper this had nothing.
I can try to sew it up but it wont look the same and this dress was not cheap...
Is it wrong to complain about it and ask to have returned or refunded?

Are you kidding? You’re the one who damaged it and you want to complain to the store? That would be a hundred percent dishonest and genaiva.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:28 pm
I'd tell them what happened and see what they say.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:30 pm
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
Are you kidding? You’re the one who damaged it and you want to complain to the store? That would be a hundred percent dishonest and genaiva.

Why dishonest and geneiva?

giselle

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:40 pm

If she’s honest, then that is literally by definition not dishonest.

Notsobusy

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:43 pm
Check with your credit card company. They may offer some type of purchase protection

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Why dishonest and geneiva?

What don’t you understand? You’re the one who damaged it. Why should they take it back? Why should they refund you? Why should they take the loss!

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:46 pm
They may not take it back but good customer service will respond to your question. Tell them you accidentally tore the dress opening the box and see if they can help. Can't hurt.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:52 pm
maybe word it in a way saying that in other stores you shop in, a protective layer is placed at the tom to prevent these types of accidents but this time there wasnt and you ripped the dress by accident...

youre not asking for your money back, youre just stating what happened. maybe they will be open to sending a new dress. doesnt hurt

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:54 pm
What don’t you understand? You’re the one who damaged it. Why should they take it back? Why should they refund you? Why should they take the loss!

Its a bulky dress it took up the whole box there was no space between the top of the box and the dress there was also no paper or plastic on top of the dress to protect it. I dont understand why I cant ask them for any money back if Im completely honest with them.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:55 pm
I could definitely see room for argument here. They should have wrapped it properly so that there was no damage upon opening it.

I think OP should be honest about how the damage happened (it didn't arrive ripped, but tore during the opening process) and I think the company should take responsibility for the lack of proper packaging.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:57 pm
giselle wrote:
If you’re honest about what happened you can certainly try, but I’d be surprised if they’ll accept it..

Honest about it and say, I tore the dress can you refund me? U don’t think that’s nuts?

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Its a bulky dress it took up the whole box there was no space between the top of the box and the dress there was also no paper or plastic on top of the dress to protect it. I dont understand why I cant ask them for any money back if Im completely honest with them.

So why are you asking here?

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:27 pm
Honest about it and say, I tore the dress can you refund me? U don’t think that’s nuts?

Yeah. I think you say exactly what a poster above said. I was opening the packaging and inadvertently caught the dress and it ripped. What are your policies when this happens bec is like a refund. If they say no, it’s no. But why can’t you ask?

Amarante

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:45 pm
Go ahead and explain the situation. Can you send them a photo of the packing.

As long as you are honest, what is the harm.

FWIW, many companies might provide a refund or exchange for this kind of situation. They made a profit on the dress so the cost to them is not your purchase price. Their whole cost is less than retail price and includes overhead and profit etc.

In my experience, large stores are mor3 likely to provide this kind of service because they have so many other sales that their profit margin isn’t impacted by a single transaction.

asmileaday

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:59 pm
They definitely should've taken better precautions and packaged it properly.
If it's from a big brand department store I'm sure they'll refund you.
If it's a small business privately owned they might give you a harder time. But I would still try my luck.

yersp

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 8:02 pm

Attention Salmon amother: there's no need to get nasty. At least have the guts to comment under your sn. Amother feature is not meant to be used in this way.

OP: it doesn't hurt to try. Go ahead and call customer service and explain what happened. Worst case they'll tell you no refunds or exchanges.

ExtraCredit

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 8:14 pm
Salmon why are you yelling? Not listening
So many places try to give good customer service. I’d certainly explain the situation and try. They will actually be impressed with your honesty when you tell them that you did it unintentionally. Let us know what happens.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 8:29 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
maybe word it in a way saying that in other stores you shop in, a protective layer is placed at the tom to prevent these types of accidents but this time there wasnt and you ripped the dress by accident...

youre not asking for your money back, youre just stating what happened. maybe they will be open to sending a new dress. doesnt hurt

She is asking for a refund or return. Read what she wrote in the op. Why are you saying she’s not asking for her money back?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics