Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Skirt Steak With Orange And Shallot Gremolata

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 7:34 am
Gremolata can be prepped ahead if it works better for your schedule but it came together quickly for me. I did gather the ingredients together ahead of time because sometimes my ingredients get hidden :-)

Shallots are milder than onions so definitely would want to use them for the gremolata since it isn't cooked

Skirt Steak With Orange And Shallot Gremolata

Excerpt From: Meseidy Rivera. “Weeknight Gourmet Dinners

Without a doubt, skirt steak is one of my favorite cuts of steak, because it is flavorful and the edges get crispy. Also, it requires only a few minutes to cook, making it perfect for dinner on a weeknight. This skirt steak is rubbed with a simple seasoning of fresh herbs, garlic and brown sugar. It is then pan seared until browned and served thinly sliced, topped with an orange and shallot gremolata. It is light and fresh with just a hint of sweetness.

I recommend mincing the gremolata ingredients by hand instead of using a zesting blade or food processor. This will make for an evenly sized mince and will keep the gremolata loose.

SERVES 4

Skirt Steak

1 tbsp (4 g) fresh oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp (15 g) light brown sugar
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil, plus 1 tbsp (15 ml) for searing
1 tsp white wine vinegar
2 lb (905 g) skirt steak, silver skin removed

Gremolata

Zest of 2 navel oranges, peeled with vegetable peeler and minced
Zest of 1 lemon, peeled with vegetable peeler and minced
½ cup (8 g) packed fresh cilantro leaves, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup (15 g) packed fresh parsley leaves, minced
1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil

Prepare the steak: In a bowl, combine the oregano, garlic, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, salt, 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of the vegetable oil and vinegar. Mix well and rub onto the steak until evenly coated, then set aside.

Prepare the gremolata: In a bowl, toss together the orange zest, lemon zest, cilantro, shallot, garlic, parsley and olive oil until well combined.

In a heavy-bottomed 12-inch (30-cm) stainless-steel skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon (15 ml) of vegetable oil over medium-high heat until shimmering hot. Add the steak to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, for medium-rare.

Transfer the steak to a plate and let it rest for 5 minutes. Slice the steak against the grain and top with the gremolata for serving.

NOTE:

The skirt steak can be seasoned ahead of time and stored, covered, in the refrigerator overnight
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics