Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
How much do you spend on kids shoes?
Previous  1  2

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:38 pm
Royal Shoes in Loch Sheldrake has $20 to $40 for frum styles. Towards the end of summer when everyone leaves, the frum stores have good deals because they close until the following summer.

silverlining3

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:42 pm
I always buy local and first try sale/last yrs style shoes. Hate ordering and constant returning. Though I do agree local prices are insane.

Shoes is very important to fit well and right, especially for those who have harder walks.

shmosmom

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 4:39 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
I always buy local and first try sale/last yrs style shoes. Hate ordering and constant returning. Though I do agree local prices are insane.

Shoes is very important to fit well and right, especially for those who have harder walks.

This. It's more about just the price (and style!), it's about comfort and support. Especially for toddlers and children whose feet are still developing, and of course for kids who are just learning to walk.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 4:39 pm
bk wrote:
This has been bothering me for a long time. Why are the frum shoe stores so expensive? How much does manufacturing the shoe cost? Is there a high markup?

signed,
Someone who's kids are getting older and is struggling to find shoes (for the girls and boys shabbos shoes) on sales to avoid the exorbitant charges in the frum stores.

My cousin owns a shoe store... She told me the markup is not even so much. She said they pay a lot for the shoes even wholesale. she said when she makes a sale she's making really really really little on each shoe.

pause

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 7:27 pm
Shabbos shoes online at about 30 each except for one older kid who has a hard fit. There I spend the 100 in a local Jewish store.

Weekday shoes every year is a different story. I've done LandsEnd, end of season sales at local stores, some Amazon shopping. I aim for 50 but often end up paying up to 75 if that's what we need then and that's all we could find.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 8:40 pm
for the poster who recommended okaaspain.com - Thank you - some shoes there look comparable to frum stores. What is their return policy and how do you find quality?
also I guess I can google but what is the conversion to US dollars?

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 8:56 pm
Shabbos shoes are easier for me- I love the Gap ballet flats with the elastic that are usually $8-$20.

If anyone can recommend some kind of bulletproof school shoe for my almost six year old, I’d be really grateful. I can’t find the right style for cheap, and then the $70+ ones get destroyed within a couple months. I would spend on school shoes if I was guaranteed they’d last September to June.

mommish613

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:01 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
This.
With wanting to buy cheaper and corona, I tried ordering online.

I ended up going to a local store & basically only one expensive brand fit.
No sale.

I googled stride rite and all different brands. They didn’t gave good reviews for my child’s foot.

I gave in

Same. 2 of my kids are hard to fit. I can do sneakers for inexpensive weekday options but shabbos shoes end up costing a pretty penny- there is usually only one brand and one style that ends up working (we’re lucky if we get a normal color). This is after spending an hour trying out all the options. I don’t even let it bother me anymore. It is what it is

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:16 pm
I’ve had luck with these sites when they were on sale:

https://halshoesny.com/
https://www.tasselchildrenshoes.com/

We got last years winter shoes. Atlanta’s and a nice loafer for shabbos that definitely don’t look “last years”.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:26 pm
How do you all know what size to buy ahead of time?

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:31 pm
Thelacedshoe.com has amazing sales all the time and really really really good deals online.

silverlining3

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:32 pm
amother [ Royalblue ] wrote:
How do you all know what size to buy ahead of time?

Many don't.. They buy 2-3 sizes, keep 1 and return the rest. Or return all cuz fit ain't good 😬

1 of the reasons I dislike online shopping.

Last edited by silverlining3 on Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

catinthehat

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:32 pm
frum prices in frum stores. I like when my kids shoes are properly fitted. I buy off season on sale if its necessary. and oh, summer sneakers for under $40

Scotty

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 12:17 am
Nordstrom rack.com is great. Usually $30-$60 (with brand names like Nike on the higher end) for brand name (not knock off) shoes. Returns are a pain though.

For summer shoes Toms, Keds, and Adidas have been winners for us this year.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 12:35 am
Century21

https://www.c21stores.com/cate.....-boys

Nows the time to buy. When they get their stock in and have sizes.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 1:04 am
I wait for the sales. The stores I shop in put up the same ones every year, so it's easy to plan and track around them.

My kids are still little, so I generally spend 100 shekels on a pair of shoes, for good structure and quality which will hopefully last until they outgrow them. When they get older and want more styles and variety, we'll probably shop at the budget stores.

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 1:39 am
I try to spend around $50 a pair. I have spent $100 on shoes, but realized it was not worth it.
I buy from black velvet in boro park, they usually go on sale at the end of the seasons.
Summer sneakers I got from hoo shoes for $45, and sandals I got the saltwater for $35.
Oh and shabbos shoes I buy from zeebra kids for about $40.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics