Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Place to catch the sunset

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:50 pm
My child who enjoys painting would like to go somewhere with a great view of sunset. Not a beach due to tznius. Any ideas in the general Monsey/North Jersey area? Just somewhere open where we can sit...

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 10:28 am
Bump

Any ideas?

doctorima

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 12:53 pm
I would think that by the time the sun is starting to set, you should be able to find a beach with no issues of pritzus, since they start emptying out after 5 when the lifeguards leave.

Tzippy323

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 4:02 pm
Actually, if you drive to the tapper zee bridge, Mario Cuomo bridge now, and find a place near the bridge to park you will have a lovely view over the Hudson River.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 4:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My child who enjoys painting would like to go somewhere with a great view of sunset. Not a beach due to tznius. Any ideas in the general Monsey/North Jersey area? Just somewhere open where we can sit...

The beach or boardwalk at Rye Playland might work. Or maybe Glen Island.

Or any park with a Hudson River view. There should be several in Westchester, but I don't know their names.

Or you can park in the Riverdale Metro North station. Use the overpass to the river side of the tracks, and river access will be at the north end of the platform. Not sure what time it closes, though. Same deal at the Ossining Metro North station, but that park is bigger, and AFAIK doesn't close.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries