Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
How to gain confidence making decisions?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:25 am
I’m a ftm. Every time I need to make a decision regarding my child I obsess and go back and forth not knowing what to do. I used to be so decisive and now find myself overwhelmed with every decision.

Newest agonizing is over whether I should send my toddler to a playgroup with extended hours since I’m finding it hard keeping him entertained and happy for so many hours. I’m also due in the winter and worried about having him home so many hours when I have a newborn. OTOH, I feel like it’s too many hours away and maybe it’s not fair to him and he needs to be home with me more and I’m just taking the easy way out.

I hate feeling so lost when it comes to being a parent.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:31 am
What does your husband think? Does he weigh in too? That should help you somewhat

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:33 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
What does your husband think? Does he weigh in too? That should help you somewhat

He is just as unconfident. Also tends to look for the easy way out when it comes to things like this but I want to do what’s best for him (while keeping my sanity). Maybe that’s mutually exclusive?

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He is just as unconfident. Also tends to look for the easy way out when it comes to things like this but I want to do what’s best for him (while keeping my sanity). Maybe that’s mutually exclusive?

Not at all. Why do you think extended hours are bad for him?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:48 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
Not at all. Why do you think extended hours are bad for him?

Because maybe it’s too many hours out of the house? Maybe kids do better at home (even when they’re bored)? It’s a long day for a 2 year old to be out from 9-4:30.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 10:12 am
Can you ask the playgroup maybe to start with regular hours & see how he does? And have option to extend it if you want to?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics