Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
New City
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 4:57 pm
Anyone here or know someone that lives in New City? I want an idea of who lives there, and if there's a chassidish crowd, or if it will be growing? Thanks in advance.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:02 pm
Hi- I know a few people that live there. The ones I know are yeshivish not chassidish. They all seem to be happy

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:05 pm
There's a small chassidish crowd that's growing. 2 if my friends live in New City. Most schools don't provide transportation to New City. One friend sends to a big school & they get transferred. My other friend pays a neighbor to take her kids to school every day.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:21 pm
Can you see a very chassidish person living there? My husband claims if I'll be the first more people like me will follow. How would I know? I can totally see dh there.

ez-pass

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:21 pm
Pm me

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:22 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
There's a small chassidish crowd that's growing. 2 if my friends live in New City. Most schools don't provide transportation to New City. One friend sends to a big school & they get transferred. My other friend pays a neighbor to take her kids to school every day.

I live there all the non chassidush schools have bussing here and some neutral chassidush ones.

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:37 pm
I know a few very chassidish people there

tweety1

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:42 pm
I know quite a few chasidish ppl living there.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:55 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I live there all the non chassidush schools have bussing here and some neutral chassidush ones.

One friend sends to Viznits, they have bussing. My other friend sends to Pupa and they don't have bussing.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you see a very chassidish person living there? My husband claims if I'll be the first more people like me will follow. How would I know? I can totally see dh there.

My friends are very chassidish covered wigs. You won't be the first. Do you have a specific area in mind? I think the chassidish crowd are in one area.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:00 pm
My friends are very chassidish covered wigs. You won't be the first. Do you have a specific area in mind? I think the chassidish crowd are in one area.

There are maybe two-three ppl who cover. Most are NOT that chassidush. It's a mix of very yeshivish and JPF.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:05 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
There are maybe two-three ppl who cover. Most are NOT that chassidush. It's a mix of very yeshivish and JPF.

I guess it depends on the area. My friends live on one of the streets off West Clarkstown Road and there's a nice chassidish crowd. They have a nice shteibel there. I do know that there are areas in NC that are totally not chassidish.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:15 pm
I guess it depends on the area. My friends live on one of the streets off West Clarkstown Road and there's a nice chassidish crowd. They have a nice shteibel there. I do know that there are areas in NC that are totally not chassidish.

That's not considered the New City most ppl speak about. That's a completely different area. The area in New City that most ppl want to know about is the area off Buena Vista by Ashar.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:23 pm
I live in new city. There is one shteeble. The chassidim who live here and daven at the shteeble vary in how chasidish they are. A lot are not affiliated with a specific chassidus (which always made no sense to me), some are x-chassisid who still want the flavor of a shteeble. There are plenty of non chassidim who daven there as well. (For context: I am a frum Jew with Yeshiva/BY hashkafa) IMO the chassidish element here will not grow substantially as they are a big minority here, and you need to drive together anywhere.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:23 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
That's not considered the New City most ppl speak about. That's a completely different area. The area in New City that most ppl want to know about is the area off Buena Vista by Ashar.

That's the area I meant that's totally not chassidish.
New City is quite big.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:30 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I live in new city. There is one shteeble. The chassidim who live here and daven at the shteeble vary in how chasidish they are. A lot are not affiliated with a specific chassidus (which always made no sense to me), some are x-chassisid who still want the flavor of a shteeble. There are plenty of non chassidim who daven there as well. (For context: I am a frum Jew with Yeshiva/BY hashkafa) IMO the chassidish element here will not grow substantially as they are a big minority here, and you need to drive together anywhere.

I think so too.
DH keeps mentioning maybe we should buy there, but I can't see a chassidish community grow to big or having much potential there.

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:32 pm
If you don’t drive it’ll be a difficult place to live. Everything is very spread out and you’re too far from the main road (New Hempstead) to walk anywhere. This is the area that’s known as New City - the other area sounds like spring valley.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 8:18 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
If you don’t drive it’ll be a difficult place to live. Everything is very spread out and you’re too far from the main road (New Hempstead) to walk anywhere. This is the area that’s known as New City - the other area sounds like spring valley.

For the people who live in Airmont or Chestnut Ridge and don't drive, there's also nothing walking distance. So what does it really matter?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 8:26 pm
[quote="amother [ Fuchsia ]"]One friend sends to Viznits, they have bussing. My other friend sends to Pupa and they don't have bussing.[/quote

Can you please tell me which are these two people live? Would be very helpful. Thanks

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 8:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For the people who live in Airmont or Chestnut Ridge and don't drive, there's also nothing walking distance. So what does it really matter?

Shopping wise it doesn't really make much of a difference, though some areas in Airmont and Chestnut are walking distance to shopping. Airmont and Chestnut have bigger chassidish crowds so you'll likely have more chassidish neighbors.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating