Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
New City
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:29 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
One friend sends to Viznits, they have bussing. My other friend sends to Pupa and they don't have bussing.[/quote

Can you please tell me which are these two people live? Would be very helpful. Thanks

They live on the Streets off West Clarkstown Road. One lives on Forbes Rd the other around the corner. Maybe it's called Zabella Drive?

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:40 pm
The area near West Clarkson Road is being bought off by Skver as they don’t want Monsey to be connected to Skver.
They are buying off as many houses within the mile around Skver, and renting them to non Jews.
They are asking yidden not to buy in their area, which is why that area is not becoming chassidish and popular very fast.
This is also the reason why some mosdos don’t offer transportation in that area.
They don’t want to start a fight with Skver.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:55 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
The area near West Clarkson Road is being bought off by Skver as they don’t want Monsey to be connected to Skver.
They are buying off as many houses within the mile around Skver, and renting them to non Jews.
They are asking yidden not to buy in their area, which is why that area is not becoming chassidish and popular very fast.
This is also the reason why some mosdos don’t offer transportation in that area.

More and more people are buying there. Skvere is slowly losing the fight. I know there are people that took them to court.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:14 pm
Is this the new city where Rabbi Avi Kahan is Rav? I heard great things about him. Can anyone relate?

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:15 pm
More and more people are buying there. Skvere is slowly losing the fight. I know there are people that took them to court.

What are they being taken to court for? Buying houses that are on sale?

tweety1

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:17 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
There are maybe two-three ppl who cover. Most are NOT that chassidush. It's a mix of very yeshivish and JPF.

I know quite a few covered chasidish there.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:17 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Is this the new city where Rabbi Avi Kahan is Rav? I heard great things about him. Can anyone relate?

Yes that's where I live. He is my Rav. Buena Vista area.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:18 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I know quite a few covered chasidish there.

Near Buena Vista???? I live there....defenitely not a lot of covered here....

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:18 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
Yes that's where I live. He is my Rav. Buena Vista area.

Is he the only Rav in the area?

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:21 pm
I saw this thread and thought I’d poke my head in here. I’m still wondering about the condos on heritage Drive in New City. Have frum people started moving in there yet?

amother
Fuchsia

What are they being taken to court for? Buying houses that are on sale?

They kept being threatened after they moved in. They kept getting visits to their houses. They had to take legal action to stop it.

tweety1

Skver is losing the fight. They're trying very hard and are bullying ppl there. But the heat of the fight is mostly over. I'm not saying it's over but it was alot more going on 6 months ago and a yr ago.

Last edited by tweety1 on Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Beige

amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I saw this thread and thought I’d poke my head in here. I’m still wondering about the condos on heritage Drive in New City. Have frum people started moving in there yet?

Not that I know of. It's defenitely not a regular feum area over there. There may be some chabad or real modern ppl....

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:22 pm
[quote="amother [ Linen ]"]Is he the only Rav in the area?[/quote

There are a few shuls. He is the only hired Rav. There is a more heimish shteibel, a yeshivish minyan, a yeshiva minyan also.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:24 pm
They live on the Streets off West Clarkstown Road. One lives on Forbes Rd the other around the corner. Maybe it's called Zabella Drive?

Not the new city the thread is discussing. It’s confusing but the new city near burns vista is a totally different area... by rabbi Kahan and I don’t think there’s anyone with a covered Sheitel there. I believe there are ppl that send to bais Dovid? And a heimish/ not affiliated shtiebel.

Beige can you confirm? I don’t live there but have a good friend that does.

By definition, chassidish ppl are going to stick closer to places that have a rich chassidish presence. Chesnut ridge/ Airmont have more of that...

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:28 pm
The Rebbitzin of the shteeble goes covered. No one else.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:34 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
I live in new city. There is one shteeble. The chassidim who live here and daven at the shteeble vary in how chasidish they are. A lot are not affiliated with a specific chassidus (which always made no sense to me), some are x-chassisid who still want the flavor of a shteeble. There are plenty of non chassidim who daven there as well. (For context: I am a frum Jew with Yeshiva/BY hashkafa) IMO the chassidish element here will not grow substantially as they are a big minority here, and you need to drive together anywhere.

Which part doesn't make sense to you?
Many many Chassidish people are JP Chassidish.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:41 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
Not the new city the thread is discussing. It’s confusing but the new city near burns vista is a totally different area... by rabbi Kahan and I don’t think there’s anyone with a covered Sheitel there. I believe there are ppl that send to bais Dovid? And a heimish/ not affiliated shtiebel.

Beige can you confirm? I don’t live there but have a good friend that does.

By definition, chassidish ppl are going to stick closer to places that have a rich chassidish presence. Chesnut ridge/ Airmont have more of that...

One covered shaitel I know but not crazy chassidish a few bais dovid and bais rochel. Not really a chassidish area.

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:45 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
The Rebbitzin of the shteeble goes covered. No one else.

Who avigail kahan?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:52 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
Who avigail kahan?

No lol. Ppl here are giving confusing info- rabbi kahan is the rav in the litvish shul
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating