Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Does Mordechai Weinberger get his questions in advance?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:30 am
I listen to Mordechai Weinberger on Torahanytime.

Does he get his questions in advance?

If not, hes one of the most quick thinkers Ive ever heard. Thats not something you can be taught in any school. His answers are always so well thought out, that most people would have to think the questions over for a while to come up with answers that are that on point.

I wonder. Does he just get hit with one question after another, and without fail, comes up with what seem to be amazingly well thought out answers?

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 8:20 am
Are you advertising for him? That's not allowed on imamother

giselle

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 8:28 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

Well that’s a leap.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:11 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

Hahahaha. This response deserves a spin-off.

"Why is it that in almost every thread outside of recipes, someone makes an accusatory comment? Almost like someone is looking to find someone to accuse, because its their hobby and pleasure, or it may be different people with this need".

behappy2

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:29 am
He doesn't get them in advance. He has been doing this for quite a number of years and is apparently good at it. If you listen often enough you will see he sometimes misunderstands...I mean he really is human.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hahahaha. This response deserves a spin-off.

"Why is it that in almost every thread outside of recipes, someone makes an accusatory comment? Almost like someone is looking to find someone to accuse, because its their hobby and pleasure, or it may be different people with this need".

Welcome to imamother Very Happy

In response to your question, I’m amazed at Mordechai Weinberger too. He doesn’t get the questions in advance because the people are told to call in as he speaks. He’s always quick to answer and so on target. I really enjoy his program. And yea, perhaps this was an advertisement for him, but his shows are free. So I can’t even ask for commission. Confused

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:39 am
Surplus wrote:
Welcome to imamother Very Happy
..... And yea, perhaps this was an advertisement for him, but his shows are free. So I can’t even ask for commission. Confused

Someone will accuse me again, but Ive never met him personally or even spoken to him, and I dont have stock in his company, hahaha.

And for that matter I suspect he probably doesnt need advertisement.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:42 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Someone will accuse me again, but Ive never met him personally or even spoken to him, and I dont have stock in his company, hahaha.

And for that matter I suspect he probably doesnt need advertisement.

Don’t take it personally and no need to excuse yourself!

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:06 am
No.
I called in once.
I was in severe pain. He did not understand my question and answered a "stock" answer.
I'm waaay past that now. Bh.
But it was a very sad time for me and painful to feel misunderstood and just "abee upgeentfert"
(Anyone here can translate?)

Anyway, hes a man who likes doing good and he has created a lot of awareness. And for that I am very greatful.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:09 am
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
No.
I called in once.
I was in severe pain. He did not understand my question and answered a "stock" answer.
I'm waaay past that now. Bh.
But it was a very sad time for me and painful to feel misunderstood and just "abee upgeentfert"
(Anyone here can translate?)

Anyway, hes a man who likes doing good and he has created a lot of awareness. And for that I am very greatful.

I’ve seen that too. It’s the exception, not the rule. I feel very bad for the callers when that happens. Hug

mom24.7

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:22 am
How do I listen to his show?

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:31 am
mom24.7 wrote:

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:34 pm
OK I'm sorry I do apologize. I can't read minds. But I find the opposite. I'm sure hes raising awareness AND he got more business from all the free call ins he hosts. He's very confident, charismatic a little full of himself. I used to listen to him all the time until I realize I can answer his answers too. I could tell people about codependent, perfectionist blah blah. He's got his views not everyone question is so simple or black and white like he makes it sound

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:43 pm
I totally agree. Used to find he gave me new information. Getting my insights now from the Guttmann Sisters. They have a podcast and are doing zoom talks. They are not black and white and really differentiate answers based on callers.

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 12:05 am
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
I totally agree. Used to find he gave me new information. Getting my insights now from the Guttmann Sisters. They have a podcast and are doing zoom talks. They are not black and white and really differentiate answers based on callers.

What's their podcast called or how can I find it?

just me!!

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 5:00 am
mom24.7 wrote:

Torahanytime

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 5:34 am
Be careful with loshon hara

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 6:43 am

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 6:44 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
What's their podcast called or how can I find it?

To the mother who asked about the podcasts it’s called Quiet the Noise. It’s on iTunes but can access it at their website too. Www.handsonapproaches.com

1ofbillions

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:55 pm
I listen to two great podcasts that are similar to Mordechai’s shows.

Esther Perel, who is a relationship therapist, has an amazing podcast called Where Should We Begin. She interviews two people in a relationship about an issue they’re having, and helps them resolve the issue. She’s truly brilliant. The podcasts often include talk about a couple’s s@x life, so if that bothers you then I wouldn’t recommend the podcast.

Lori Gottlieb, author of Maybe You Should Talk to Someone, just started a podcast where she speaks to someone about an issue they’re having, offers actionable advice, and then has them follow up with her to find out if they followed the advice and how it went. The podcast is called Dear Therapists and she’ll be posting a new podcast every week. Love the first episode!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics