Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Unemployment/ PUA
1  2  3  Next

mom241

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:07 am
Anybody filed for unemployment with no job? How tdo you go about the process? I see people advertising that they do it for you and take a fee. They claim you could make about 12,000 dollars. Anyone know someone that does it that could do it for me? Is it legit?

mom24.7

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:31 am
Please do not respond to those ads. I got a text that was forwarded that those ppl steal your money by claiming for you and changing your info and telling you they were denied. You can do it alone. Do not use those ppl.

mom241

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:41 am
How do I do it alone? What is the process for applying for PUA

mom24.7

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:46 am
Call the number to file unemployment. You may not be able to answer many questions so try to speak with a pua rep

First Lady

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:49 am
Just call up yourself and tell them you are unemployed due to covid or that you have been looking for a job with no success. They will ask for dates and other info. Nothing you can't answer yourself.
They will ask you if you are looking for a job and if you find one are you ready now to start working. Make sure to say yes.

mom241

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:50 am
Can I do it online alone? How do I backdate it to get the 600 dollars?

First Lady

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:51 am
mom24.7 wrote:
Call the number to file unemployment. You may not be able to answer many questions so try to speak with a pua rep

Right. First you'll have to go through an automated system, and whatever you can't answer you'll be transferred to a rep.

First Lady

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:53 am
mom241 wrote:
Can I do it online alone? How do I backdate it to get the 600 dollars?

It's better to do it by phone.

5BH

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:53 am
You can apply online. 1st apply for regular unemployment and get denied then they’ll email you that your eligible for PUA. You have to certify weekly. Each week you’ll have to log on at a certain time and answer a few questions. This is the last week they’re giving the extra $600 as of now so you’ll only get the minimum which is $231 in NJ.

mom24.7

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:55 am
The first date that you couldn't find work due to covid was in March so give them that date. It'll back date to then and you will then be eligible for the 600. In NY the min 182.

mom241

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:57 am
I already did the application for regular unemployment. Is it quicker by phone or now I have to wait to be denied?

5BH

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:59 am
You have to wait to be denied. I only know how to do it online. I don’t know how to backdate the PUA if you weren’t working before.

mom241

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:00 am
Does anyone know how to backdate the pua if you weren’t employed?

keym

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:10 am
Does anyone know if the PUA will actually be backdated?
I stopped working March 18, but self employed. The money and extra$600 started coming in May but backdated from April 21.
Anyone know if/when the 5 weeks from March 18-april 21 will get paid.

dak11

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:37 am
I don't think you can collect pua without a work history unless you can prove that you were offered a job and then couldn't start due to covid19. Like you'd need to provide an offer letter.

hello12341

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:40 am
Don't believe everything you hear. It is NOT true that you can collect PUA just by saying that you were looking for a job. Just because you know people who have done it and are getting money, it does not mean that it is not fraud.

It is true that if you were offered a job that was cancelled due to Covid 19 you are eligible for PUA.

mom24.7

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:50 am
dak11 wrote:
I don't think you can collect pua without a work history unless you can prove that you were offered a job and then couldn't start due to covid19. Like you'd need to provide an offer letter.

Nope you don't. They give a list of reasons such as stay home to care for someone with covid. Businesses not hiring due to covid etc. They do not ask for proof. If someone was looking and couldn't find since no businesses were hiring why is that not legal?

mom24.7

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:51 am
hello12341 wrote:
Don't believe everything you hear. It is NOT true that you can collect PUA just by saying that you were looking for a job. Just because you know people who have done it and are getting money, it does not mean that it is not fraud.

It is true that if you were offered a job that was cancelled due to Covid 19 you are eligible for PUA.

They don't ask if your hiring was cancelled. They ask if you were looking for work. How do you know it is not true?

mom241

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 7:06 pm
I’m confused as far as I understand these reasons makes anyone eligible for pua

My husband was had covid really bad so I could be covered according to this below:

He was diagnosed 3/22/2020

So they ask me these questions one week prior to March 22, 2020

Including self-employment, did you work?
Yes No

Do I have to answer I worked?

Did you receive sick leave or other paid leave benefits?
Yes No

Did you refuse any job offer or job referral for any reason other than the following?

Pandemic Unemployment Insurance covers people who are unable to work because they meet one or more of the following conditions:
Diagnosed with COVID-19
Being tested for COVID-19
Member of household was diagnosed with COVID-19
Caring for someone diagnosed with COVID-19
Caring for a child or other person who is unable to attend school or another facility that is closed due to COVID-19
Can't reach place of employment due to a quarantine imposed by authorities
Can't reach place of employment due to a self-quarantine ordered by a medical provider
Workplace closed due to COVID-19
Became the primary breadwinner of the household because the head of the household died of COVID-19
Scheduled to start work but don't have a job due to COVID-19
Quit a job because of COVID-19

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 7:11 pm
keym wrote:
Does anyone know if the PUA will actually be backdated?
I stopped working March 18, but self employed. The money and extra$600 started coming in May but backdated from April 21.
Anyone know if/when the 5 weeks from March 18-april 21 will get paid.

I’m wondering the same about regular unemployment. So far haven’t heard anyone getting money from before they applied, even though we really should..
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics