Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Masks in schools in September
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

momsrus

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 2:15 pm
fleetwood wrote:
It's also child abuse if your child ends up in the hospital Bec you wouldn't put a mask on them!

This is against what we've been told. Masks protect others from you when you wear them.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 2:20 pm
Btw guidelines for private schools haven't come out yet so we don't know what they will be enforcing.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 2:27 pm
My 10 yr Old was with me for the first time in a store since Covid and he was wearing a mask. While were there he felt terribly nauseous because of the mask. It seems to cause him anxiety and it does something similar to me too. I can’t imagine having to do it all day every day without it affecting my mental health somewhat.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 2:45 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
The teachers wore face shields when kids first returned to school with pexi glass barriers on the desk.
But face shields alone have been proven to be ineffective.

And besides the masks lasted maybe a week and then they came off.

Face shields are different from clear masks. Clear masks are like regular masks, but with a clear panel in the front.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 2:46 pm
fleetwood wrote:
New york. Why do you ask?

I was wondering if you live in a state where covid-19 is now rampant because that changes everything. But you’re saying you’re in NY.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:00 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
My 10 yr Old was with me for the first time in a store since Covid and he was wearing a mask. While were there he felt terribly nauseous because of the mask. It seems to cause him anxiety and it does something similar to me too. I can’t imagine having to do it all day every day without it affecting my mental health somewhat.

Same. When I got home after my one hour outing from Target it took me a while to recover. I couldn’t breathe and it was hot....

If my kids need to wear a mask for 8 hours a day I may actually consider homeschooling them

amother
Blush

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:02 pm
thunderstorm wrote:

It's uncomfortable, but this can save a life! It's temporary. I know people who have died of this. Please try to wear it!

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:03 pm
amother [ Green ] wrote:
Btw guidelines for private schools haven't come out yet so we don't know what they will be enforcing.

And neither NY state nor NYC have announced what will happen in September.
For numerous reasons, I am seriously looking into starting a homeschool co-op, so that my child can learn at home, but not be alone. I am in Far Rockaway/5Towns area. If anyone is interested in joining us, please let me know and I will find a way to communicate with you.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:07 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
I was wondering if you live in a state where covid-19 is now rampant because that changes everything. But you’re saying you’re in NY.

Exactly. Loved ones have died from the virus.. We need to keep the virus away from us..

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:14 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Same. When I got home after my one hour outing from Target it took me a while to recover. I couldn’t breathe and it was hot....

If my kids need to wear a mask for 8 hours a day I may actually consider homeschooling them

I went to a store yesterday for like twenty minutes with a mask. I couldn't breathe, I laid down for an hour when I came home cuz it was so bad....and I usually have no problem with things. This mask is just way to much for me.

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:18 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
It's uncomfortable, but this can save a life! It's temporary. I know people who have died of this. Please try to wear it!

I wear it, but that means I limit myself from going anywhere because it literally makes me feel sick and gives me breathing difficulty. My DS said that he’s never going shopping with me again because he can’t handle the feeling. How in heavens name would he manage in school?

itsmeima

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are your kids schools mandating masks in September (In the tri state area? )

My boys are back in school with masks (the school didn't mandate it).

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:30 pm
It seems so much more unclean to me that kids would be wearing masks, and then taking off their dirty, germy masks throughout the day and putting them down on tables.

Even if they only took the masks off to eat lunch (and let's be real, most kids won't keep it on their faces the whole day), it is so gross that the masks they were breathing into all day is going to end up on desks and lunch tables.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:36 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
It seems so much more unclean to me that kids would be wearing masks, and then taking off their dirty, germy masks throughout the day and putting them down on tables.

Even if they only took the masks off to eat lunch (and let's be real, most kids won't keep it on their faces the whole day), it is so gross that the masks they were breathing into all day is going to end up on desks and lunch tables.

I’m having a hard time understanding how the kids can handle sitting full day with a mask. Are the children wearing masks in eretz Yisroel in school all day?
I wonder if some mothers are just saying they’re ok with this idea till it gets down to it? Seriously can’t imagine my kids being able to concentrate on a math lesson while sitting with a mask and breathing in the recycled air over and over for hours. Makes no sense at all.

amother
Lavender

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
All of you moms who think wearing a mask is totally fine all day, have you ever spent all day with many kids, as in teaching in a school setting?
I honestly thinks it’s downright child abuse and I do realize and appreciate the severity of COVID.
Regardless if masks are mandated I think remote learning is a better alternative or ideally following the cohort model is is obviously a much better choice with obvious guidelines like spacing out the desks, better ventilation and increased hand washing etc;

I agree with the bolded. I don't know how my kids will manage all day in masks or how I will manage teaching in a mask. We all have sensory issues.

I am a VERY strong supporter of masks and agree with the poster who said this is not a political issue etc. I always wear a mask when I am in a store or otherwise near other people. But I don't think it is realistic in a school setting all day every day.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 4:05 pm
We socialize our children (and ourselves) to wear all kinds of uncomfortable clothing - think tights in the summer from age three and up (sheitels), etc. If your attitude is positive- your child(ren) will adjust with little difficulty. If someone has sensory issues, he/she can be gradually desensitized- as long as the individual wants to be . . .

I hate wearing a mask. It almost makes it not worth going out, and I dread going back to work in September. I do it, however, for the protection of myself and others. I would be very nervous about returning to work in September without masks and social distancing. One of my colleagues died of COVID (shortly after we closed), and we are taking it very seriously.

FWIW - My grandkids (ages 2-9) have no trouble wearing masks. Their parents are matter-of-fact about it, and they do it cheerfully - without a second thought . . .

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 4:13 pm
For those in Monsey who need children's masks, the Hispanic dollar store near Food Fair has some cute ones in children's sizes for a good price. They don't look too miserable but I don't think that kids will keep them on.

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 4:15 pm
southernbubby wrote:
For those in Monsey who need children's masks, the Hispanic dollar store near Food Fair has some cute ones in children's sizes for a good price. They don't look too miserable but I don't think that kids will keep them on.

Thank you. Will try to fetch some.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 4:19 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
I agree with the bolded. I don't know how my kids will manage all day in masks or how I will manage teaching in a mask. We all have sensory issues.

I am a VERY strong supporter of masks and agree with the poster who said this is not a political issue etc. I always wear a mask when I am in a store or otherwise near other people. But I don't think it is realistic in a school setting all day every day.

This exactly. First off we let our daughter choose her own masks (unicorn, mermaid: she loves the one she chose) and second her school (again she’s been in a. Classroom setting since may) gives incentives (star charts) to the kids who cooperate best. We also wear masks everywhere we go (in our building, on the street, in stores, in parks, picking fruit etc) It’s just what we have to do. We don’t sugar coat it; we all hate COVID but we wear the mask to keep each other safe. Period the end.

Bras are uncomfortable, stockings are uncomfortable, Shaitel’s are uncomfortable: 3 things I wear ever day and my daughter will too when it’s time.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 4:51 pm
There is a mask company called Boomer naturals whose masks don't look too bad and they seem to have a good selection in their website.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics