Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
New pot

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 12:36 pm
My cuisinart Non stick 2qt pot is peeling after 3 yrs of use and I’m looking for a new one. I don’t want non stick, and clear lid is a bonus.
What do you recommend?

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 10:08 am
I have Farberware (stainless with aluminum bottom) and Revereware (stainless with copper bottom or aluminum bottom). I love both. They're good quality, not cheap but not insanely expensive. I'm VERY hard on my cookware, not only dropping things a lot but routinely burning things to charcoal. most of my cookware is 35+ years old and looks fine. Once a year I do a major cleanup job and polish the outsides with baking soda or Bon Ami to remove the dull patina of cooked-on grease that doesn't come off with just detergent. I also have some Macy's Tools of the Trade stainless with aluminum bottom, also very good, but I don't go for glass lids (see above re: dropping things. If you break the lid you may as well buy a new pot and plant flowers in the old one, because buying a lid alone costs almost as much as buying the whole pot. Possibly more if you get the pot on sale.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen